Thread: Software that automatically edits depending on motion detection?

Default Software that automatically edits depending on motion detection?

Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations. I've got a few hours of footage of me and some friends hitting some jumps. I'd like to save myself the time of going through the footage by hand and editing out the long gaps in between the action. Is there any software that can detect motion in the video(i.e. someone going through the frame) and then save just that bit of video?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: here's an example of the clips I'm trying to edit https://smrtschool-my.sharepoint.com...d6DFg?e=8gx4NM

Blog Entries

There probably is but you need something more specific than you have stated. In the example you have given there is only the beginning and about one 15 sec period in the middle where there is no motion.
    So you'd need somehing that can detect motion within a specific part of the image. But that most likely won't be enough as you'd want to see several frames before and several frames after that.
    Quite honestly, you'll probably spend as long setting up the paraneters as you would going through by hand in the first place. So long as you have a reasonably fluid system, it shouldn't tale long to scrub through a timeline to identify parts with movement (nore - scrub though, not "play" although playing at 4x realtime might be another alternative)
    Tim

Thanks Tim! Yep that's what I've been doing so far, but it's a recurring problem(I e. We ride pretty regularly so get a lot of footage) so I was hoping that I could find something that I could set up once and then use for years... Sounds like it might be a bit more complicated than I'd thought though!

My other solution I was considering was some kind of motion triggering on the actual recording, so I will have a look into that a bit further too.

Thanks for your advice!

You can probably do a fairly cheap sensor trigger before the ramp. Alternatively, get someone to press record in exchange for some beers or something
    Looks like mad fun by the way. I've been looking into electric mountain boards because we don't have slopes like that over here but there's some forest trails and BMX pump tracks. Shame those prebuilt boards are quite expensive! Been eyeing Trampa stuff but they're like triple the price I'd be willing to pay for that stuff :/. I realise this is a bit off-topic for the forum but if you have any tips feel free to drop me a private message. (may take a while for me to respond to those, I don't check here daily)
    The cats are watching us...