Thread: ZEY THE MOUSE Episode 7 'The Time Machine', Sci-Fi Stop-Motion Animation.

Default ZEY THE MOUSE Episode 7 'The Time Machine', Sci-Fi Stop-Motion Animation.

Hi, all, Hope your all safe and well?

After 18 months in the making, i present Zey's New Episode in the series

Volume is up for Voices/Music/Sound/Sp-Fx.

Synopsis:

Zey bumps into Clara Cat, on the bus on his way to visit his Grandad Zeppe!, after receiving a letter from him, a surprise, He is unwell, and has created a Time Machine
    but hasn't tested it yet!, Zey accidentally trips on the start button, they both embark on an adventure through time and space,
    meeting creature's, but will Grandad Zeppe get better and will the experiment work?

Hope you enjoy?

Wow that's certainly the best episode so far! Good amount of detail and a nice story.
    Also cool effects!
    A lot of scenes have a yellowy hue to them. Did you use any colour grading or is that from the lights?
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Agree with Grapes - - the best so far. Must be frustrating that it takes so long but i bet the result seems all the sweeter for it. Well done.
    Tim

Hi, Grapes, and Tim

Thank you for your valued comments, it's always nice to see what you think of the latest Zey works

There are some stories to tell on this one: When lockdown hit us all, i couldn't get any material's, to make the film with, so i hunted around my home, and used material's, from lefts overs from past episode's,
    and ended up making 80 miniture props, then months where the film work came to a stand still.

I spent long exhausting days and nights, sometimes form 7pm in the evening until 9am the next morning.

When making the sets, i did them outside, and had lots of passers by, take interest in what i was doing, and made some new friends.

On the frustrating side, it was a panic, most of the time, i thought the film was not going to be finished, it was getting very hard,
    re-editing lots of scenes, re-filming, and technically re-editing lots.

I think the lighting mixed with the fact that i have a lot of tan/creme/yellow/ochre in the sets?

A piece in the newspaper from April, then another soon as being released.

57.jpg

Great job - one aspect you’ve clearly mastered is cutaways - I only use them to fix problems in the A roll but you’ve used them to give added atmosphere to the production

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Great job - one aspect you’ve clearly mastered is cutaways - I only use them to fix problems in the A roll but you’ve used them to give added atmosphere to the production
    Hi, Zam, Great to hear from you, I took lots of risks with this one to see how they would look visually and atmospherically, Glad they worked well, Hope your keeping well? any new films in the making?

All is fine here - I was supposed to be in a street theatre show this summer but it was postponed due to the pandemic - the company I work for ended up putting it on in Brisbane so if anybody lives there you can check this out ... https://www.escapemanor.com/brisbane/equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    All is fine here - I was supposed to be in a street theatre show this summer but it was postponed due to the pandemic - the company I work for ended up putting it on in Brisbane so if anybody lives there you can check this out ... https://www.escapemanor.com/brisbane/equilibrium
    Hi, Glad all is well with you sorry to hear about the postponed show, i will have a look at the link,