Thread: Anonymisation, masking, blurring of faces and license plates

Lightbulb Anonymisation, masking, blurring of faces and license plates

Hello!

I'd like to start by saying hello, as I'm new here. I'm Matthew and together with my friends I create an IT startup dealing with video analytics.

Recently we've developed a product for anonymizing photos and videos, that is, for blurring (masking) faces and license plates. The software works in an automatic, fairly intuitive way. A free version for watermarked anonymisation can be downloaded from https://gallio.pro/

My question to you, as people who process photos and videos on a daily basis - is this software useful for you? What additional features would you see in it, what can be changed, how does it fit into your needs?

I will be very grateful for any answers and feedback, we would like to create software adjusted to your needs

Best regards!
    Matthew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matzim95 View Post
    My question to you, as people who process photos and videos on a daily basis - is this software useful for you?
    I can only answer for myself, but my suspicion is most here would answer the same - an emphatic "no".
    We don't "process" video. We are mostly people who create films/videos. Blurring number plates and faces, if needed, is basic stuff to us editors and we'd prefer to have far more control than any automated system might have.

Whilst I admire the innovation that would be developed for such a project, I struggle to see a market for it. Videos are either
    1. Created in order to be watched as entertainment/instruction/education - in which case the situation I've described above applies, or
    2. Created in order to investigate a crime, or settle a dispute (eg motor accident, delivery not delivered etc) in which case you would not want number plates/faces disguised, but enhanced.

However, if there is a market for your idea, I wish you luck.
    Tim