Thread: Can't Get Pre-recorded 4K video, to play on Facebook Live

1. Default Can't Get Pre-recorded 4K video, to play on Facebook Live

I have been doing some 4K videos, 3840 x 2160 and then exporting them same size to MP4 files, on my VSDC Editor. I then connect to OBS software on my PC, and try to Go Live with one of them, but they play very Slow & Freeze up, and the audio keeps skipping! This only happens with the 4K Videos! not the HD videos that I Stream all the time. Is this 4K resolution maybe just too high for Facebook LIVE? and I do run a speed test on my Internet connection, previous to my broadcast! Thanks John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Artist View Post
    I have been doing some 4K videos, 3840 x 2160 and then exporting them same size to MP4 files, on my VSDC Editor. I then connect to OBS software on my PC, and try to Go Live with one of them, but they play very Slow & Freeze up, and the audio keeps skipping! This only happens with the 4K Videos! not the HD videos that I Stream all the time. Is this 4K resolution maybe just too high for Facebook LIVE? and I do run a speed test on my Internet connection, previous to my broadcast! Thanks John
    And what upload speed do you get when you run your speed test. What frame rate are you trying to stream? (I don't have a solution, I'm just staggered theres' even a possibility of streaming 4K live from what is, I asume, a domestic connection)
    Tim

3. Default

I bet you need to either down sample them to HD or compress them more to fit them in your available bandwidth.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    I bet you need to either down sample them to HD or compress them more to fit them in your available bandwidth.
    To be honest! I'm not sure what they do on the Faceook upload! But when I export them from my Editor, they are identical to the raw camera footage in MP4 format, Though so far I have not been able to get one of them working properly on Facebook LIVE, but when I just upload a 4K to my page, It goes up normally, and it looks a a lot better then my HD ones do!

5. Default

TimStannard Facebook accepts 4K format now, according to their Google found statements? my stats 30 FPS, upload speed usually 11 or better!
    Last edited by FL-Artist; 05-12-2021 at 09:20 PM.

6. Default

4k video is going to need about 4 times the bandwidth of 1080, assuming same frame rate and degree of compression. If you're running 60fps, that's going to take 8 times the bandwidth of 1080 30fps. What I've read is that you need about 25 Mbs for 4k.

7. Default

Well that's most likely, my problem with Live Streaming! ....I'm probably going to stick to HD for Live broadcasts, and just upload the 4K's as normal videos!

8. Default

LOL! I'm have some trouble reading this reply!