Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collaboration

Blog Entries

As it goes - I do know a great Sitar player. And she's lovely.

So do you jam with her on your bagpipes.

I think I am confused, why is the music being considered first?

A few of reasons.

1. We don't have a reliable source of music from a forum member so we are pushing early for someone to come forward.
    2. It's easier for the videographers to shoot their piece if they know what the music will be.
    3. What ever else Tim is thinking.

Let me poke a guy I know...He's very good and is always looking for new challenges. He's never done "a score" for a video before, He does music and lyric writing.

I'll see what he says and if he's interested I'll send him this way!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I think I am confused, why is the music being considered first?
    Midnight is correct. With a drama or indeed any fiction piece, the score is usually written to accomapany the footage and therefore the cues it needs to hit will be defined by the edited film. There are many execeptions to this - such as when a well known spiece of music is used withing the film score. In this case the film is edited to fit the music (cuts on the beat, tension/release matching the score etc). The same is true of a montage such as we are hoping to achieve here - the film is likely to be made up of many very short clips which will need to be assembled by the maker to fit his segment of the music. Furthermore, I envisage each musical piece being of a different length to the length of the segments (so one piece of music may span two and a half "towns"), - the idea being to create more of a feeling of one piece rather than a number of separate pieces each about one town.

So, we come up with the music, separate it into (say) one minute chunks and give each filmmaker their one minute of music to which they edit.

At the moment we only have 6 takers sio we'd be looking at maybe 7 minutes of music (to include an intro/credits)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Let me poke a guy I know...He's very good and is always looking for new challenges. He's never done "a score" for a video before, He does music and lyric writing.

I'll see what he says and if he's interested I'll send him this way!
    Yes, please do. It would have been nice to keep this "in house" as it were, but friends are always welcome!
    Tim

I have given TimC a link to few of my own homegrown 'music' for consideration by the esteemed panel of judges. It would be an enornous honour to even have one second of them included; but appreciate that my homegrown does not satisfy all tastes.

Who is TimC ?

blimey MB have you just discoverd all the extra smilies? you seem to be a bit giddy with em in this thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast