Thread: Video Size

Default Video Size

Ok i have made and exported a 39 second video from premier elements 2 but the problem is its 21 MB in size! Is there any way i can compress it to a smaller size without affecting the quality of the video?

Blog Entries

As I said in your other post, you need to lower the bitrate of the video. The bitrate is the amount of data processed per second. The lower the amount of data, the lower the quality but the worse the quality. For MPEG4 codecs a bitrate of around 600kbps is acceptable in terms of quality.

Default ...

Just wondering is H.264 encoding the best to use and does the type of camera or editing software effect the video size/compression quality. My friend has a Panasonic NV-GS400 and Adobe Premier Pro and his videos come out perfectly good quality and very small in size (i'm talking 8mb for a 1 minute long video.) I have Premier Elements and a Panasonic NV-GS180 and the quality is amazing on the timeline of elemnts but when i export and compress the video the quality decreases hugely and makes the video look as though it is from some cheap video camera.