Thread: Problem with C Drive.

Default Problem with C Drive.

I have recently purchased a Panasonic Mini DV Camcorder and had a Firewire port fitted to my PC. I have tried to capture some movie footage today using the Pinnacle Studio 8 software. The movie footage is displayed in the movie box on the screen however when I press capture I get a message box stating: Sorry Cannot capture. The data rate on Drive C is less than the required rate of 444 K'byte/second. I used the help menu and ran a Data Rate Test. The result was; Read 2918 KB/Sec, Write 2873KB/Sec Drive C not capable of capturing DV Data.
    MY PC is old P2 550 MHZ with 12648 MB free and 7270 MB used on the C drive. I am running XP Prof.
    I thought my PC was capable of capturing DV footage and using the pinnacle software.
    Any suggestions to help my situation would be much appreciated.
    Bob.

Sorry it should have read 4444 K'Byte/Sec not 444.
    Bob.

Is DMA enabled?

Blog Entries

Defrag the drive.

Default c drive problem

Quote Originally Posted by videonoob
    Is DMA enabled?

What does DMA mean ?
    Regards
    Bob.

Blog Entries

Default C drive problem

Thanks.... I have tried the DMA enable link and my PC is DMA enabled. I have downloaded the usb driver which came with the camcorder and when I opened Pinnacle 8 I got a slightly different screen (no picture of the side of a camcorder, just the back) and now when I press capture I just get a box stating 'capture error' . When I look at the capture source there are now two items in the drop down box: DV Camcorder and Panasonic DV Web. When I choose the DV Web and do a data test it states is fine, Read 3227 KB/Sec Write 3569 KB/Sec and max safe 2904 KB/Sec.
    If I choose the DV web setting and go to capture I first get a dialog box stating: 'Digital Video Camera not set correctly, connect USB cable to PC and set Digital Camera to web camera. If ready select OK. If I press OK or Cancel it seems to make no difference and when I press capture I get the Capture error box.
    If I choose the DV Camera option I get the original screen with the side and end views of a camcorder and when capture is pressed I get the C driver error as listed above.
    I am a real beginner and it is possible that I am doing something very basic wrong.
    Any suggestions ?
    Bob.