Thread: Great work from young people's group:

Default Great work from young people's group:

For the last five days, I've been working with a group of kids of 12 or 13 at the local youth project. We've made 3 films, plus a video report - only of of the three isn't quite finished yet, and we'll get that done next week.

If you'd like to take a look, I'd welcome your comments - remember that everything was done by them, and I did as little as possible!

http://www.felixstowetv.co.uk/level2/index.html

enjoy!
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

I watched the one about underaged drinking, and the one about the homless girl.
    I thought the first one was excelent! It was smooth, and well done. I like the second one, but I have two concerns. The first is that some of the cuts were made mid-sound,(ei. when the girl screams in the beggining, and during a cut while the homless girl is playing the harmonica, it cuts from one shot to another, while a car horn was honking in the backround.) wich made some cuts a litte jaring. The second concern was the pacing, I think that I was in need of some tighter editing, though I understand that these are more or less experiments. But over all I thought they were great.

Thanks for taking a look! The interesting thing is just how little guidance and help they had - or needed! At this point, they'd had three or four 4-hour sessions, most of which were taken up with story building and shooting, and their editing time was literally a couple of hours . .
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .