Thread: Problems with Vegas Video and Premier 6.0 compatibility

Default Problems with Vegas Video and Premier 6.0 compatibility

We are editing Video using Vegas Video 4, and printing to tape for a client. We took the tape over to his studio, and he is using a Sony camera to import into Premier 6.0 via firewire and it is messing up. Looks like dropped frames. Yet, if he exports from tape / camera via analog, the signal is fine (although poorer quality).

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a possible incompatibility between the two programs, or a setting we are missing on Vegas Video?

thanks a LOT!

Blog Entries

Tell the client to defragment his harddrive.

I think we have found a solution. We ended up re-encoding the avi product through adobe premier on our computer, then printed to tape from premier. Took a little time, but we think it will work. Still have to take the re-recored tape back over to him, but since it is Easter, I don't think it will be until tomorrow.

We prefer Vegas Video for editing, so at least this gives us a way to provide a product he can use too. Normally, we edit start to finish and provide the finished product for the web, so it doesn't matter that we use Vegas Video, but this time he has more work he has to do on it, and he does not own Vegas Video. It was really stumping us. It would play perfect in the camera, but would be a mess on the input into the computer.

I'll update my profile too.

Blog Entries

I doubt very much it's a compatibility issue - when you export to tape you're just doing exactly that: recording to tape. I may be wrong here, but I don't think you've done anything differently by using a different application.

Then again, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again! I just really think it's the fact that your client's hard disks are in a bad way - check out past posts to see the amount of times dropped frames have been due to a badly fragmented drive!

Well We think you are right on the defrag. We pulled the tape into our system it was fine, his jumpy. We checked it out, and his hard drive was 47% fragmented, and 90+% of his files were fragmented.

So he is currently running defrag, and I have a feeling that will do the trick.

Thanks guys!