Thread: Good Capture Software

Default Good Capture Software

I know this an often asked question but I have downloading my first ever vid shoot from my holiday. I have a canon MV890 which is a great simmple point and shoot DV camcoder which I am really pleased with.

However I only have Ulead VideoStudio which seems Ok but I wondered if there better software and does the software affect the quality of the final product when burning to CD/DVD?

Cheers

..just to follow on I am currently rendering onto DVD-PAL my holiday video. On the camcorder it looks great, when played back on the TV it looks great but on the Ulead screen as its rendering it looks awful, blocky, streaky and jerky. I hope this is just the monitoring screen and the final file will be OK. Theres no sound as I'm rendering and I hope the audio is still there as there is no seperate audio track showing......

If you are happy and know how to use the ulead and all you are doing is the odd holiday vid then stick to ulead, there is no point in spending hundreds of pounds on editing software if you are not going to use it (alot). The reason it appears jerky on the ulead preview is you computer has to proccess the raw AVI footage which is huge file sizes, someone here will be able to tell you the exact size but if memory serves me correct it's about 12 gig for ever hours worth of footage, hence your pc struggling to play it in the preview window.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Thank you, thats sound sensible. I've been playing around with stuff and saved video as an .AVI file using Windows and used Canopus Procoder 2 to convert to iso for burning to dvd. Its tad long winded but the quality is superb. I'll try again with Ulead

...except after 3 mins its says its "Flushing DV transcode buffer" which is taking ages and everythings stopped......

mmm....adobe prmiere elements 4 is only 60 as is Vegas MovieStudio..which one is the better?

Hmmm, it's all down to taste realy, pro's and cons for both. Sorry can't realy help as I'm biased towards any Vegas products.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst