Thread: old film effect for adobe premire elements

Default old film effect for adobe premire elements

ive been reading through posts and searching on google, but i cant find a plugin for PE2 that gives and old film effect ive downloaded trial versions of cinelook(but it costs like $8000)
    and aged film(but i cant find a price for that) . please could sumbody tell me wer to find a plugin that is a reasonable price, simply one like the windows movie maker old fim effect would be perfect.

Default Windows moviemaker

Why not export your film into windows moviemaker apply the effect render it and then re import in premiere elements.

Interesting topic. I've been wondering for a while about this too.

I've used windows movie maker, and i've been using it for a while. But I kept wondering, how could I do more (not just a click-and-drag effect).

I've been thinking of making the kind of effect that MTV music video clips (which has an old scene in it) has. I know they're using professional stuff and all, but is it possible to manually 'compose' the effect using the standard video effects that premiere pro 2.0 has?
    The truth is within us...

Berkshire, UK

So I typically use two filters for this. The first is free and is an absolutely excellent filter with many options to adjust and is a VirtualDub MSU Old Cinema filter. This filter allows me to set up noise, spots, lines, frame rate, and colour (although I use a different filter for the colour).

Secondly I apply Magic Bullet'sMovies Looks filter (although I appreciate this is a little pricey). This has a large list of preset movie looks (some really cool ones in there). I either go for a sepia or a B&W with some bloom in it. Here's what I just knocked up using those two filters in around 2 minutes. If I was going to use this clip I would make some fine adjustments (the image could do with soften a little, some bloom around the edges could be enhanced and also I would work a little on the frame rate (have some frames drop out), but you can see you can get very close very quickly.

Sample Clip [Type: mp4, Size: 1.8MB]

If you don't wish to outlay the cost for Magic Bullet, then you can achieve a similar effect by converting to B&W and softening, and slightly darkening the image.

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources:, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid