Thread: Audio glitch in Premiere 6.5

Default Audio glitch in Premiere 6.5

Hi there, new to these boards. Sup

So I'm working on the footage I shot during my gap year in Australia and just ran into some issues with the audio. I've already edited together 2 out of my 9 DV tapes. Whilst working on the third tape I noticed that the mp3s I'd added to the audio track started glitching. When I first added the mp3 everything was fine. After working for several more hours (saving, exiting the program, etc) I noticed that the audio glitches. It's like the song is skipping nanoseconds, but it's enough to be noticeable.

I've checked and rechecked the mp3s - they're in great condition. Also, not all mp3's are glitchy. In fact, I noticed one song was glitchy and so I replaced it with another. That worked and is still working. However, the first song I added to the edited tape worked perfectly at first, then just now as I was checking out my work I noticed the error.

I've deleted the song from the bin and imported it again, but the glitch is identical. Playing the song in Winamp yields no glitches whatsoever.

Please help, as I don't want to edit the tapes without being able to use mp3s.

Well, a simple restart of the computer solved the problem. Still annoying though :/

A possible reason might have been the mp3's were recorded at a different sampling rate, say 22 Khz or 32 Khz whereas your video project might have it's audio settings at either 44 Khz or 48 Khz and maybe at a different bit rate.