Thread: Blackpool Rock

Blog Entries

Default Blackpool Rock

This one is (I think) a pretty poor vid I shot last week for the Billy Fury Story, a show I have alot of work from. I think it's naff as it was shot completely on the fly, in the rehersal I just happened to be there and let the camera run and I have only covered up a couple of the worst shaky shots because they were particularly bad.

Having said all that, everyone seems to love it. The band, the folk at Blackpool, the roadies.... no accounting for taste!

See what I mean....http://www.billyfurystory.co.uk/blackpool_video.php

By the way, no cranes involved and the fart at the end turned into something much better, but I was advised to leave the rest out.... Fury fans don't appreciate arse gags I think.

2. Default

i dont think its all that bad at all.. you did well to cover the shakes and to say it was shot with no prep it all fits well

Cool

Another good one. This sort of stuff has archival quality. Iíve got all the clips you posted showing these guys, and itís always great to hear a simple drums, bass & lead live band. Being an oldie, I was weaned on Hendrix, and it still amazes me how much variation a 3-instrument outfit can manage.

Even better to see some of the gruntínígroan before a gig.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A
    Even better to see some of the gruntínígroan before a gig.
    Cheers. It's the grunting and groaning after the gig that I love.. (or used to, those days are long gone now I'm married and fairly respectable)..

By the way, that pier is 430 yards long. I'm so glad I don't do that bit anymore!

excellent stuff, Andy . . . reminds me, must buy a crane one of these days!
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .