Thread: Apply a border to a video clip even after resizing using pan/crop

Default Apply a border to a video clip even after resizing using pan/crop

EDIT: RESOLVED

Sorry to have two open Vegas problem topics at once, but this one didn't really fit into the other open question.

Basically I am creating an effect using 4 clips, where they appear then shrink to a quarter of the screen. This works using keyframes and pan/crop but to soften the shot with all four clips in one view I would like to apply a border to each clip. However, when using the border Video Event FX, it applies it to the whole event (which takes up the whole screen) rather than the resized clip, so I can only have a border around the whole screen.

Is there any way round this please?

Thanks

EDIT: My stupid mistake, I needed MEDIA FX, as opposed to Event FX. Sorry!
    Last edited by RiW; 08-07-2006 at 06:31 PM.

2. Default

Rather than using pan/crop, try the motion track option, I have run into the same problems and found that if you're only resizing and panning the video, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by JumPROper View Post
    Rather than using pan/crop, try the motion track option, I have run into the same problems and found that if you're only resizing and panning the video, it works.
    The solution, so that you don't need to use Track Motion at all (yes!), is to use the Function that was programmed into Vegas exactly for the purpose of needing to apply the FX to the Pan/Crop item, here that would be Border FX, is to use the "Pre/Post Toggle" Control. This will apply the Border FX exactly to the reduced size Event, and precisely.

Open up the already FX-ed Event and, if in Vegas Pro version 9, different in VP10, locate the the tiny triangle just to the word "Border" in the FX Timeline. Move your Mouse Cursor over the Triangle you'll see the ToolTip remark "Pre/Post Toggle", with the triangle pointing toward the word "Border". Click ONCE on that triangle and it flip and should then face away from the word "Border" so that you'll now have Border FX resized to exactly match your Pan/Cropped Event.

Additionally, put "Pre Post Toggle" into the Help File, do a search, you can read it up there.

No need for Track Motion.

Last edited by Grazie; 05-31-2011 at 07:51 AM.