Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaking effect for Sony Vegas 6.0???

Default Shaking effect for Sony Vegas 6.0???

asdfsdfsadfsdf
    Last edited by Shabo; 09-30-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Mike.

Shaking the image can be done with Track Motion. To make things easier, ou need to put the piece you want to shake onto a new track. Select track motion, zoom the image a little so that the movement doesn't reveal blank edges as it happens. Using keyframes, you can specify where on the screen the image moves to. Move the images up, down, left, right etc at very close intervals on the timeline and you'll finish up with the impression the camera shakes. There may well be a script available somewhere that'll do this for you but I always do it manually so it suits the piece.

As for surround pan, make the project properties a 5.1 audio project and you can alter the position of any sound to any speaker at any time. A bit involved but the results can be pretty awesome.

WOW thanks for the fast responce...ok i was able to take the frap clip i want into a new project and was able to select track motion but from there i dont see any zoom? i see the little magnifying glass there but all that seems to so is make it so I can make fine tune adjustments. Like I said I am a complete noob. Also you sopke of a script file that might do this for me instead of having to do this a bunch of times for a 10 second cliup to look like its shaking....Do you know of any freware thats out there that does this?

Thank You sooooo much,
    Mike Schlabowske
    www.virtualsnowbirds.com

Hover your mouse over Track Motion box till you see a black circle then just drag in or out. Make sure you dont have 'x & y prevent movement' icons selected (4th and 5th icons at top of window. You may find a script here...
    www.vasst.com

OOPs! apologies.
    Should have said make sure 'x & y Prevent Scaling' icons arent selected. (8th and 9th at top of Track Motion window.

It will be a bit slow to do those over the clip - but using the event pan and crop edit and adjust through several key frames.

ALong the bottom of the pan/crop section you will see first keyframe - through to last keyframe.

I would suggest using many key moments - to cause a jitter and stutter look to the clip

Then to add to it I would use 2 very short fx on top of the TV screen effects which would also make the camera look like its lost sync for a bit

I am not sure if you can get scripts etc I am new to Vegas too - but I think the best way is always the hard way - you then have more control over what your doing yourself

Blog Entries

Google "Sony Vegas Quake Script". It'll lead you to the Vasst site where you will find it it available there.

Let me just say A GIANT THANKS YOUR TO ALL OF YOU!!! You guys have ALL made my life a lot less headache-full. I knew there had to be a way, ive seen it before, just never(until now) knew how. SO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE HELP.

Mike Schlabowske
    www.virtualsnowbirds.com

Blog Entries

Happy to help. Don't forget Mike.... we want to see the results!

Ok so i found the quake script for vegas but it says its only for Vegas 5....
    Heres the included readme....

"The Vegas Quake directory in this ZIP file is for Vegas 6 users who donít have Vegas 5 installed. (If you do not have Vegas 5 installed, the installer will not work). Just unzip the Vegas Quake folder under your \Program Files\Sony\Vegas 6.0\Script Menu\ folder and it should work fine."

ok so i drag over the VegasQuake folder to my Scipts Menu folder and then run the installer and it says.....

"couldn't locate the Vegas folder, Vegas 5.0 ust be installed before installing this application"

I am out of ideas, anyone else run into this? I have tried the long way that u guys where so generous in letting me know about but i have over 20 minutes of footage to do this to.

Well off to bed, thanks for the help,

Mike Schlabowske
    www.virtualsnowbirds.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast