Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Test Video

Default My First Test Video

Hi All,

This is my first video. I am planning to shoot a song next weekend. So I did a test shoot last weekend. It is only 50 seconds video.

I would like to get advises on the following things.

1. What do you think about the clarity? It is a DVD cam. Will I get more clarity with DV cam or the difference can be neglegible?
    2. Next week shoot is in a beach. Do I need to know anything before shooting in a beach. Any advices.
    3. If I want to have a blueish look to my song, how can that be done?

Thanks in advance,

This is my little opinion. The picture quality looks fine to me. Occasionally, the camera wobbled, which might be intentional, but Id eliminate that if it was my own vid.

If the sunlight is strong on bright sand, Id increase exposure by at least one stop better still, two stops. Shoot some test clips. Consider some extra lighting to fill shadows. If a subject is in shade, the difference between bright and shaded areas is huge our eyes can cope but digital sensors (and film) arent so versatile. You can end up with one area correctly exposed, with another area too bright/too dark.

Most editing packages allow colour alterations to give a desired cast. I use Premiere, which has very fine colour control. Used with the plug-in Boris Continuum a great variety of colour tinting is possible.

Quite stylish, I like the video, and the song is good.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I will be shooting this weekend to complete the song. Hopefully I will make it better than the test video. I will post the completed video soon.

You did a pretty good job even if I can't understand what your singing it looks like the sync is off a bit though.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

i just watched your video, and in NO WAY am i an editing professional, in fact, i'm only just beginning, but from the perspective of someone watching the video, i thought it would be a good idea if you had a little bit more non-posed footage. perhaps something with you not looking into the camera so directly all the time, and i do also think that it seems like the audio isn't synched properly.

but overall, good job!

Thanks for your feedbacks. I have finally completed the video. I will post the completed video very soon after finishing the final touch-ups. When I posted my test video in this thread, It was my first video and I was a beginner at that time and I thought I can complete it in a week time. But as I started exploring shooting and editing I understood that I have many things to learn and I did my study and practice and took my time to complete the video. It took 5 weekends for me to shoot a 4 and half minutes song. There are few things left before I post the video and I need your help.

1. I have some scenes where the background looks dark and the actor should look with normal light. I tried shooting it in many ways but I failed all the time. Could you please advise me how can these type scenes be shooted?
    2. I am using microsoft windows movie maker for editing(for the time being). It is producing almost 100MB of a .WAV file. I can post the video in my website but it is too big to download. Could anyone tell me how can I reduce the size of a .wav file without dropping the quality?

PS: I will add subtitles this time so that You can understand what I am singing.

Thanks & Regards,

1) I don't use wmm so I hasve no idea how to correct it.

2) if ypu convert the wav to ac3 it will shrink the audio. I don't no if its possible in wmm though. I would invest it more "professional" software when you can.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Link is bust.

Sorry, can't get onto your link

Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

I am sorry. I removed the file. Please download it from here.
    I will upload the completed video very soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast