Thread: Best Sotware?

Default Best Sotware?

Hi, have about 35 VHS-C Tapes of the family, since the early 80's, anyways need to start editing them and burning them to DVD.

My question is which software is best for capturing ( Non Batch ) have some Ideas but any advice or direction is alway's welcome.

The 3 software that have in mind are as follows:

1. Pinnacle 10
    2. Power Director 5
    3. Adobe element 2

Thanks

Ralph
    Ralph

Hello, 17 views and no idea's???? Somebody must know something folks.
    Ralph

3. Default

Well, I think the problems is that this is one of those questions that get answered every week if not more. Try looking through the forum past posts and see where that leads you. There is a wealth of info there.

Tried searching first, to no avail. reminder that VHS c capturing will capture everything as a Batch capture if I am not mistaken. So trying to find out which software has the capabikities of capturing, in either clips, or on some sort of time.

Perhaps would have to buy 2 of the software to do the trick. Just wondering what the eperience in this forum or thread has anyone had with VHS capturing and editing tha's all.

Thanks for your reply.
    Ralph

Hi Ralph,
    I can only answer you as regards Elements 2, I find it V good, but then I've been editing with Premiere since 1995, with elements you can make a DVD straight from the timeline after the editing is complete

Alan
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Blog Entries

You will need a analogue to digital video convertor, decent ones are 150 - infinity.

The software you use to capture is almost irrelevant as long as it works with the hardware.

A cheaper work around can be done if you have acess to a dv cam with a analogue video in, all you do is play the vid audio into the cam and it is magically squirted out the f wire port as dv video.

Check e bay and any canon model that ends with an 'i' will do the job.

Try ulead video studio too, very easy to use and cheap, around $99 the best version.

Always go with Adobe Products!!! Problem with Adobe products, they tend to crash alot! Adobe products are also RAM W-h-o-r-e-s (Can i say that word on this forum?)