Thread: Thunder - Go Mad in Japan

Default Thunder - Go Mad in Japan

Finally after 5 months this project is finally over! Actually finished it a few weeks ago but hey! So far 450+ copies have been sold and we have not even released the Japanese version.
    Anyway here's the link to the trailer:
    http://www.mediachill.com/ourwork/Th...panTrailer.htm

Konnichiwa! ogenki desuka? What is this about?

3. Default

ha ha ha ha cheesy rock... looks good, nice finish to the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by minsh
    Konnichiwa! ogenki desuka? What is this about?
    The project was to produce a DVD box set covering the band Thunder on their tour of Japan. Disc one is a 1hr10min Documentary and the other Disc is a 2 hr Gig.

Thereís no doubting your professional excellence and technique, Mark, and Iím sure the finished discs must be brilliant, but I think this merits some criticism. Although itís only a trailer, it seems a bit like a triumph of ďpackaging over substanceĒ, or style over content.

If thatís what the biz demands, then fair enough, but that opening shot of a toilet bowl looks misconceived to me! And I donít rate the mock violence much, just a personal thing.

Itís visually stunning, sure, but IMO it says nil about the band. The clip you posted a while back was great, they obviously have a strong stage presence, and theyíre a class act.

Still, Iíd love to be able to make a short with such visual impact. A huge amount of hard work went into it, thatís for sure. Iím thinking this must be one of the constraints of a pro Ė you have to produce what the client wants, rather than what you think might be best.

Hope this doesnít sound too negative.

Tony I appreciate what you mean but ret assured the trailer is in keeping with the conent of the Documentary. The Band members are a fun bunch of guys so the Doco which is very much fly on the wall styleefeatures the band larking about and being idiots. - The usual rock band tomfoolery!

The Trailer wnet down a storm with the fans as the feedback on their webiste forum suggests! The whole project is done for the specifically for the fans and similarly the trailers audience was for the hardcore fan base. If this were to be a general release the trailer would be much more diverse in its approach.

Link not working mate!

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    The project was to produce a DVD box set covering the band Thunder on their tour of Japan. Disc one is a 1hr10min Documentary and the other Disc is a 2 hr Gig.
    OH! Alright. Now i get it.

Blog Entries

Nice work Mark. Neat stuff.