Thread: Problems installing Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0

Unhappy Problems installing Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0

Had a disastrous first week with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. Inititial installation did not complete - got stuck trying to load the Adobe Online Help (I was connected to the internet so there should have been no issue) - waited an hour and then had to kill the installation. Software works to a degree but crashes a lot and won't recognise my DVD device, so is pretty much unusable. I am hoping this behaviour is because of the incomplete installation. Have tried to do a repair installation and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happens each time. At a loss as to what to do next. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for any suggestions!

Western Europe

Are you running any other software in the background while installing? What is the spec of your computer, I can't remember off hand but I think Adobe Premiere needs a certain amount of memory, processor and there was one other thing, I think it is called SSE2 to be on your computer, I could be a mile off. Is it a legit copy of the software?

Prem Pro does need SP2, it also has a minimum requirement of- 2.4 processor, 512 ram, and even then, it won't really run properly until you have at least a 3 ghz computer in my opinion.

Maybe you could get away with less processing power/ Ram etc, if you have a good capture card or graphics card.
    But all I know is that Premier Pro never ran even close to properly for me until i went out and bought a Duel-processor 3 ghz, graphics card with it's own ram and put a gig of ram in my new computer. Anything under this isn't really efficient even though Adobe will tell you it is.

I could be wrong, BUT i used premier pro on a number of computers including ones with the
    2.4 processors and even computers with 2.8 processor power and it never really ever ran properly.

Thanks for the replies. I will do some checking - the PC is a new Dell and has a GIG of RAM. I'll check on SP2 and the clock speed. Probably will invest in a good graphics card too. The software is ligit and have now also downloaded a ton of info from the Adobe Support Website. It does recommend turning off security apps and firewalls when you install, so will have another go. Thanks again for the advice.

Solved the installation problems by reinstalling with all anti-virus software turned off. System now stable and can burn DVDs. Thanks for all your suggestions. Richard