Thread: New to vegas

Default New to vegas

Actually new to the video edit game period
    Im tired of waiting on someone to put a clip together for me so i can send it to sponsors and so on... so im gonna learn the game myself.

Btw... im completly clueless.. ive got the computer to do it... also all the software... photoshop cs2 for picture editing ( clueless on that too ) vegas 6 and adobe after effects.. im all clueless.. ive been searching online for video tutorials found some on vegas.. but the guy is just... lame?? i dunno hes smart and all but its like that faris beuler movie... Beuler.. Beuler... not learning much..

i dont even know how to get the video from the camera to the computer.. i know i know... its gonna be rough but im gonna learn it someway.

got the cable and all. When i go to file and capture video it does nothing.. im doing something wrong??

help guys
    Thanks.

Here is what im looking forward to making.
    Polack does some real good editing in my eyes.. i wanna see what you guys think..

http://www.stuntshinestate.com/videos.htm

go to the movie trailor.
    i think its impressive how he got that movie voice and how everything went together. skills.

Welcome to the forum. Theres a lot of people here that uses vegas, myself included that can help. What version of PS do you have? and what do you want to do? If you ask specific questions we can help better. Good luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

photoshop cs2

im lookn to add like graphics/ fonts to all the pictures i take and so on... color rendering and stuff like that..

my 1st question is
    on vegas 6.0. When i want to capture a vid, do i go to file capture vid first before the camera is connected to the computer or what?? i had it pluged up to the comp and on vcr mode and when i click capture video it did nothing.

I don't know what kind of cam yout using but vegas wont work with all. If you have one of those try using a third party capture program like Windows Movie Maker.

With PS2, just do you thing and save as A png or psd set to NTSC templete. then open to the time line.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Ponis...I have the same problem. I get a "cannot connect to capture device" error. If I unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in it takes care of the problem...

hey man,
    i got Sony Vegas "Legally" lol, but i didn't get the user guide, do you have it in digital form which you can email to me... please, thanks mate
    email is
    danbarns@gmail.com
    Kind Regards,
    Daniel Barnsley.

Blog Entries

The manual is on the vegas site as a pdf.