Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A (very) quick promo

Default A (very) quick promo

for a new web publication/tv station:

http://www.ipswich-tv.co.uk/players/promo1.html
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Smile

Rather nice, Chris, are you connected with the production team? I think more local authorities should dabble with internet newscasts. It’s a good way to encourage populist viewpoints, and anything that promotes interaction with local councils must be a good thing. Too often they’re remote, impersonal, and too full of corporate-speak to interest anyone.

I worked for a snobby London council for many years. They often cock a snook at innovative ideas for “corporate” reasons – the real reason being that they’re poor at anything genuinely creative. This could start a trend, and I hope it does!

I am the production team!

http://www.felixstowetv,co.uk (established for 2 years)

http://www.kesgravetv.co.uk (now coming online)

http://www.ipswich-tv.co.uk (fully online within two weeks)

http://www.woodbridgetv.co.uk (online within two weeks)

and the lost sock, of course!

Oh I see. How silly of me.

Blog Entries

Blimey Chris, I guess this must be your full time occupation now. I like the video in the ident but the text could be jazzed up. I am not sure the type face is the best and you might considor bringing the text in and out differently.

Wow. Do you plan to set up your real news broadcasting on tv?

Full time as in two to four hours, four to six days most weeks, Mark; and after two years of working at it, Felixstowe TV does now make a small income. The others? Who knows, yet!

I'd love to get some stuff broadcast, but broadcasters and a lot of general news media find this concept quite scary - if some old git like me can broadcast to the world for next to nothing, what can they do to compete . . . !

I think you're right about the text; Pinnacle's text is okayish, but nothing special; I just find the software quick and easy to use.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 08-03-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Hi Chris,
    I'm new to this board and I've just seen ths thread. I think It's a great concept and I would be interested to know how you generate income streams from it? Is it local advertising and backing or something else? Do you get contributions from local keen ameteurs and if so do they get paid for them? Do you advertise locally?

Regards....Neil

PS I don't live locally so i'm not trying to muscle in or anything like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by nash
    Hi Chris,
    I'm new to this board and I've just seen ths thread. I think It's a great concept and I would be interested to know how you generate income streams from it? Is it local advertising and backing or something else? Do you get contributions from local keen ameteurs and if so do they get paid for them? Do you advertise locally?

Regards....Neil

PS I don't live locally so i'm not trying to muscle in or anything like that!!
    Hi, Neil - w've been on hols, so . . .

I don't really talk about the funding aspects of FTV and others, essentially because I have a good deal of repect for my colleagues and financial supporters - that's not meant to sound "off" but it is the way I feel about it. FTV is certainly self-supporting, but as to the rest? Try your own model - but be aware, it really is much harder work than most people think!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Hi, Neil - w've been on hols, so . . .

I don't really talk about the funding aspects of FTV and others, essentially because I have a good deal of repect for my colleagues and financial supporters - that's not meant to sound "off" but it is the way I feel about it. FTV is certainly self-supporting, but as to the rest? Try your own model - but be aware, it really is much harder work than most people think!
    Hi Chris, I didn't mean to intrude! I can appreciate that it would be (is) a huge amount of work and I don't underestimate it at all. I have started to do some research and I am having some sensible (if initial) conversations with people.

Maybe one question you may be able to answer for me, are you goverened or limited to what you can broadcast on the site?

Thanks again Chris.

Regards.......Neil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast