Thread: Problems with effects in Premiere 6.5

Default Problems with effects in Premiere 6.5

hi there, i used to use premiere pro but i thot it was too much of a resource hog , so my friend who uses preimere pro too, gave me his old copy of premiere 6.5.

ive never used 6.5 and when i had 6.0 i didnt kno much

in premiere pro, when i used simple things like the edge feather effect or the drop shadow, they would show on the video.

but in 6.5 they dont. ( i also use real time preview so rendering isnt the problem)

can anyone help?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

~Matt

You probably know this, but Iíll say it anyway.

If I remember rightly, pressing alt + scrubbing the timeline will show any added filter effect. Or just bring the work area bar across the clip with the added effect, and hit enter to render it.

heey, thx for the reply

ya i tried scubbin it too, it didnt make a difference.

but the problem is that most of my effects work, but when i used drop shadow and edge feather, they dont show up.

i saw in another guys video that he had a PIP wit a soft white edge. I learned u cud use that through the drop shadow. but in premiere 6.5, my drop shadow doesnt show up and it in premiere pro it showed up fine using distance,softness, and opacity. I try these in 6.5, they dont work.

same with the edge feather, i add it on and make the feather as high as possible, scrub the timeline, nothing shows up

maybe someone could help me with this?

~Matt

EDIT : btw im trying to make a effect like this
    in premiere pro i could do this easily, but in 6.5 im having a lot of trouble. so could anyone help me?
    Last edited by matty901; 07-31-2006 at 10:14 PM.
    Desktop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 7.0, Adobe Photoshop CS

Laptop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

Smile

Canít remember ever using this in 6.5, but the controls must be similar to Premiere Pro. Iíve just tried it with Ppro, and youíre right, itís simple enough.

What colour background are you using it with? Are you sure itís not just difficult to see the applied effect? The 3d effects under Perspective all give the processor a workout, so Iíd render them rather than relying on alt + scrub. Sorry, I canít think of what else to suggest.

(You could always ask your friend to do those clips for you, then figure it out later!)

hey thx for trying to help me out

i found out how to do the PIP with white edges (using titler and resizing the video)

but i still cant figure out my edge feather doesnt work. also about the rendering, in preimere 6.5, u work in real time prview so u dont have to render just pro version

hmm but anyway thx for helping!
    Desktop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 7.0, Adobe Photoshop CS

Laptop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0