Thread: Two Vegas 6.0d questions

Default Two Vegas 6.0d questions

These might even be related for all I know.

1. How do you set the number of times you want a region to loop? I have some I want to loop maybe three times or so, but not forever... Makes the video kind of long, right?

2. Is there a way to adjust the audio volume level within a clip. I know some programs allow you to place a "handle" in the volume level line within a clip and drag it up and down. I'd like to pull the audio down during a V O, and bring it right back up after. I know I can split the audio clip and do it that way, buy I suspect the more knowledgeable have an elegant way of doing this.

It's rough being a newbie! LOL
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Blog Entries

Not sure about looping a region, I just do that manually... that's to say copy the clip and paste it as many times as I need.

Sound level. Right click the TRACK (not the sound clip) go down to Add Envelope, select Volume (or, select CLIP and Shift +V) A blue bar appears, you do wonders with it. Clicking on it adds a point, add a few more, drag bar up and down to adjust volume.

I always add the Volume envelope only when I'm 100% happy with the almost final edit. Otherwise I end up deleting clips which might include one of the volume points which plays havoc with the mix! Very frustrating.

Ian

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by up_north
    I always add the Volume envelope only when I'm 100% happy with the almost final edit. Otherwise I end up deleting clips which might include one of the volume points which plays havoc with the mix! Very frustrating.

Ian
    Right click the clips, go to switches and lock them when you've done. You can't delete then, even if you try really hard....

Hi Andy

Yeah - I know about the lock thingy - the problem is if you delete an event which has a point in it - the link then goes from the last point in the prior event to the first point in the next event. It would be nice if there was an event level audio envelope, er and an event level track motion (which would of course be called "Event Motion"!!!)

Ian
    Last edited by up_north; 08-01-2006 at 04:14 PM.