Thread: Finished Movie Too Big

Default Finished Movie Too Big

Im not sure if this is the correct place to go, but it seems about right. I recently bought Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, and i edited a previous movie I made. I have a Panasonic PV-gs300, and when i uploaded the video, i kept it in the Widescreen format. After editing, I exported the movie, it went through, but the file size is too large for most sites; Such as Youtube, Google Video, ect. Is there anyway to make the file size smaller without greatly affecting the quality of the movie?

Thanks in advance

What size was your finished movie and what size of movie do those websites you mentioned allow you to upload? Most movies produced to be viewed on a TV can run to many gigabytes and I doubt if any of those sites allow you to upload anything of that size.

The site allows a maximum of 100MB, but it says that directors accounts do not have restrictions (not sure if it means time restrictions, or file size). My movie is 3.0 GB.

And there lies the problem. How do you squeeze a 3GB file into 100MB space? Firstly, I would look at the movie again and see if you can tighten up on the editing, be ruthless and cut out scenes that don't work or just don't need to be in the movie for the plot/storyline to work. Next, shorten the scenes that are present, can you take off a few seconds here or there? If you are using 720 X 576 or 720 X 480 then reduce it to half size or even quarter size and reduce the data rate both in the video and audio, you don't need video at a data rate of 3.6MB/s or CD quality sound if your movie is going on the net. So it's a matter of reduce, shorten and delete what you can.

if you want to put it on youtube just sign up for a directors acount, i dont think theres size limits, i might do it aswell

depending on the format, just load it into Virtual Dub and compress it easily. That's what I would do anyways.
    Arigato Gozaimashite~!
    《◐♡ŞiłvÄяĐяąġōи♡◑》