Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Puss N Boots - NOT!" Rushes

Default "Puss N Boots - NOT!" Rushes

I previously posted a 51 second scene (Death and Dinner) for feedback. I have now added the scene which immediately follows (The Princess), which we shot last week, to get feedback on the two main characters (Cat and Jay). This total clip runs abour 3:15 and shows our anchor set, and my lead characters in costume, in a follow-on scene that better reveals the context of the comedy.

Before we proceed any further with the production, I would appreciate helpful feedback on this additional material, including the sight gags and the script. Keep in mind that the music score for the second scene is yet to be added, so use your imagination - smile. Thanks in advance.

DivX Link: http://www.christiangeology.com/video/dinnerscene.html

Wow!!! I'm inpressed. I have nothing critical to say. The audio, lighting, voice over, all sounded great. What equipment are you using, and whats this costing? If you don't mind me being noisy? I can't wait to see more! Good job!
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography
    Wow!!! I'm inpressed. I have nothing critical to say. The audio, lighting, voice over, all sounded great. What equipment are you using, and whats this costing? If you don't mind me being noisy? I can't wait to see more! Good job!
    I'm using an AG-DVX100 camera on P6 scene setting. Serious Magic monitor/record software to record video direct to laptop. The mikes are Sennheiser G2 100 wireless. The editing is in Sony Vegas 6 and the color correction is Magic Bullet 'basic' setting. Also, the scenes are being shot using a rose colored 'haze filter' on the lens and a rose gel backlight to produce an overall 'warm' feel.

What is it costing? Aside from my initial investment in all the equipment, the biggest costs have been in costumes and props. But that is just a few hundred dollars. The actors are almost free. The Cat is my wife and Jay is my secretary. Their costs are a continuous supply of diet cola, beer, and priases from the director for their performance - smile. Both of them have some small theater acting experience, and I was a commercial radio announcer and television engineer in a former life, but doing this movie is a first for all of us and real learning experience. This is hard work!! - smile. We do shoots on the weekends at my apartment. My wife has converted the livingroom into a production set.

The biggest cost for this movie will be the musical score, which will not be done until the film is finished and will cost about $100 a minute for a syncronized musical score. The film looks like it will time out at about 25-30 minutes, so do the math. I want to make sure my film is good enough before I make that investment. For that reason I appreciate the feedback and encouragement from members of this forum. Thanks for the encouragement this morning. We're shooting again this afternoon and your comments have made my day - smile.
    Thanks
    Gaines

I can't wait to see more! Good job!
    Ok, here is some more. We did the intro scene yesterday and I just finished the special effects (cat/woman morph and quick-motion makeup change) and added it to the other clips. So, minus the final music score, here is the first 4:23 of the movie, in sequence.

http://www.christiangeology.com/video/dinnerscene.html

Itís great exaggerated theatre, which is what pantomime is about, so well done to all of you. All actors seem to love their parts, an important point, I reckon. Iím enjoying the story.

As the previous post says, the production techniques are first class, both lighting and sound are excellent. Is there an added scene in the second link? They both look the same to me.

I think he took down the original and replaced it so it is the same.
    Wil

Software Used:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A
    Itís great exaggerated theatre, which is what pantomime is about, so well done to all of you. All actors seem to love their parts, an important point, I reckon. Iím enjoying the story.

As the previous post says, the production techniques are first class, both lighting and sound are excellent.
    Thank you, Tony.
    The ladies are certainly enjoying their parts and can't wait to get on with the shooting, especially at some outdoor locations we have planned. Of course, I'm enjoying the editing work - smile. Thanks again for the encouraging comments.

Talking

When will the project be finninshed? Will it be on dvd, Streming download?
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Link down for me...

When will the project be finninshed? Will it be on dvd, Streming download?
    Well, it MUST be finished before mid-October, because at that time I have to pack up the apartment for our move to Kuwait (I'm being reassigned to manage our station there). My plan is to initially release it as a streaming video...after that, I guess we'll just see how well the finished product turns out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast