Thread: newbie question

Default newbie question

i kno this might be the easiest thing to solve, but i really can't figure out how to do it. thing is, i'm making a compilation of how summer's going and i cut up a bunch of candid clips of me and my friends. as i shuffled these clips and tried to put em back together, theres a bunch of blank black spots inbetween some clips. now i kno that they are just the tiniest bit apart and i don't really want to zoom in close and go through them all manually pulling them together, so i was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of the inbetween space easily. i'm using vegas 4.0 btw.

also, i was wondering if there is some sort of strategy to arranging the clips so that it flows better like...keep the clips short? or...have a certain aspect like setting or lighting be the same instead of just a random order? those weren't real advice, just in case those were wrong. haha. i kno its beside's the point, but i didn't kno where else to post the question. so yea, any feed back would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Really, you do need to zoom in on the join (or crossfade) as you create it. Might be a pain if you've got loads of clips to go back and do it all again but ultimately it'll be worth it.

As for strategy on the timeline, I usually keep the clips short, set alot to music, edit on the beat and bring up the video sound as and when it's worth listening to.

I'm very new to Vegas and still experimenting to learn how to use it also - but wouldn't the "Post-edit ripple" bring all the clips together and eliminate the space between them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VdotMac
    I'm very new to Vegas and still experimenting to learn how to use it also - but wouldn't the "Post-edit ripple" bring all the clips together and eliminate the space between them?
    It will move all events post or pre the move point, but you'll still have to do each, one by one. Plus, if you want to crossfade here and there rather than snap to the just the end or beginning of the next clip, you still need to zoom in on the timeline in order to see what you're doing with precision.

alrite, thanks a lot
    kinda sad but wat r u gonna do rite. haha.