Thread: software suggestions

Default software suggestions

IM BACK!

Hi guys!

Ok so im really getting into this whole video editing thing, and i was wondering if you nice guys could reccomend some video editing software.

Im currently using Ulead video studio 7 trial which is set to run out in about 15 days. I do like it but it just seems a bit fidley.

So if someone can suggest some good editing software for around 50 i will buy them a pint!

Thanks

Michael

What you're using now is good for basic editing. Pinnacle Studio 9 should also be in your price range, but I've heard that it's sort of buggy.

Greetings,

I started video making and burning dvds recently almost entirely due to reading the posts in this forum and Marc`s excellent guides. A few searches on forums for various software (like Pinnacle) showed that the all-singing all-dancing ones can have bad habits (especially at new version level) so I tried to keep it all simple - didn`t work out that way. I`m using P Studio 7SE which has reduced functions BUT is a good basic capture and editor. Didn`t get on too well with going as far as writing to disk with Pinnacle so used several steps to create files and then wrote using ULead Studio 7 as the writer (as it`s easy to import files and jig them to a disk).
    First results are soooo much better than I was expecting, first class mini-movies - thanks to all concerned on these pages.
    Pinnacle is a bit more usable than Ulead at basic editing level (can do a bit more), if you can get hold of a P8 cheap maybe it`ll be a bit more stable than the new P9 (as it stands now pre-patches etc).
    No doubt others can throw light on the benefits/cons of the newest versions of editors about, depends how much you want the editor to do really...
    Equipment freak who must learn that technique and opportunity are the key elements to success - not credit card balance!