Thread: Help Me!!!!!

Default Help Me!!!!!

Hi there...I just need some advice and help from people who know about video editing........basically;

Me and my uni group want to take a film on dvd.....wipe the entire audio and dub in our own soundtrack and script.....hopefully turning a serious film into a comedy.

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START OR HOW TO FINISH.....

I want the CHEAPEST option, as long as I can end up with what I want....

Any advice or ideas

I would start by obtaining copyright permission on the DVD.

But all you need to do is convert the DVD VOB files(s) to AVI (Covered in the FAQ) then pull that into your favourite video editor. trash the soundtrack and add your own.

Where do you plan to show/watch your 'comedy'? If it is just inside your home, then you don't have to worry about breaking the law, but if it is outside, then it is regarded as a public performance and as Alan said you will need to see about clearing copyright, so you don't end up with some movie studios lawyers on your case. You mention your 'uni group', is this a school type project you are doing? Well if it is, then you might be able to get the uni to help you, they would be in a better position to do a bit of arm twisting (I've watched too many episodes of The Sopranos) than you yourself.

Blog Entries

Anyone seen the adult re dub of the first s wars, the whole film with a more grown up s track and story. I saw it ages ago and it was hilarious but cant find it now.