Thread: Getting paid for people to download you video?

Default Getting paid for people to download you video?

For lack of a better spot, I thought I would post this here. If some one wants to move it thats fine. http://payloadz.com/account/levels.asp This company allows you to sell your videos by download though Pay-Pal you can pay a monthly fee or 15% of your previous months income. Nice idea.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

2. Default

yeah you can do this with google vids, there is also a site called motion.tv which gives a percentage of advertising profits to you as an incentive to get more people watching your video and earn more money.
    all sounds very good but im not sure how much money you can realisticly make

Blog Entries

Clearly I'm getting old. This is my take:

High costs associated with publishing and distributing mdeia historically acted as a barrier to entry. This essentially worked as an implicit selection criteria; if you're work wasn't good enough, why would someone invest thousands with the prospects of little or no return?

Conversely, this barrier to entry was often percieved as stiffling talent. If the work represented a niche market area, the potential revenue would never be sufficient to cover the initial fixed cost outlay and the work may never see the light of day. Or, to put it another way, the work may be of critical acclaim, but lacked mass appeal to justify a release.

With the advent of digital media, these costs have tumbled, opening up a world of opportunities for talent. However, without the implicit selection criteria, there's no longer a premium of talent. Indeed, rather than drive down prices, we're now faced with paying for complete dross that cost little to make because someone wants to make a quick buck.

Although people deserve to be indeed profit from excellence, there's far too many people producing sub-standard material and getting paid handsomely.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Clearly I'm getting old. This is my take:

High costs associated with publishing and distributing mdeia historically acted as a barrier to entry. This essentially worked as an implicit selection criteria; if you're work wasn't good enough, why would someone invest thousands with the prospects of little or no return?

Conversely, this barrier to entry was often percieved as stiffling talent. If the work represented a niche market area, the potential revenue would never be sufficient to cover the initial fixed cost outlay and the work may never see the light of day. Or, to put it another way, the work may be of critical acclaim, but lacked mass appeal to justify a release.

With the advent of digital media, these costs have tumbled, opening up a world of opportunities for talent. However, without the implicit selection criteria, there's no longer a premium of talent. Indeed, rather than drive down prices, we're now faced with paying for complete dross that cost little to make because someone wants to make a quick buck.

Although people deserve to be indeed profit from excellence, there's far too many people producing sub-standard material and getting paid handsomely.

i quite agree.