Thread: will this cctv cam be ok

Default will this cctv cam be ok

Hi

This is the spec of a PTZ cctv camera we are looking to buy:-

TPT201BDN with Day/Night function.
    27 x Speed Dome Camera with Sony Super HAD CCD,
    Camera Lens: 3.25mm - 88mm,
    27 x optical Lens, 352 x Digital zoom,
    Resolution 480TVL, 1.0Lux / F1.5 Day and 0.01Lux/F1.5 Night, S/N: 48dB, Variable Pan speed of 0.5 - 50/sec, Variable Tilt speed 0.5 - 50/sec, 32 preset points , Power supply : 12vdc. Built-in Integral Multi-Protocols selected by DIP-Switchfor use in low light down to 0.01 lux and with Infra Red lamps, Attractive appearance. Ceiling mount included.

My question is if this camera was connected to a dvd recorder would the quality of the recording be as good as if i was recording with a normal 'domestic' camcorder?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ish; 07-26-2006 at 03:12 PM.

2. Default

i doubt it..... its a security cam.

Blog Entries

Unlikely I would think... whay not just buy a camcorder? Presumably there must be a reason for this approach?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    Unlikely I would think... whay not just buy a camcorder? Presumably there must be a reason for this approach?
    It could work out cheaper if you already have one of the two items. If you want to maximise quality go for a cam with 520 lines of resolution. Quality will be as good as the lens of the camera. Buy an expensive CCTV cam with a high quality lens and you'll be pleased with the result.

Well the brief for the camera was it will be mounted up on a wall , must be discreet , and must have movement (PTZ) which can be controlled from another room.

It will be used to record educational lectures so we need to have a camera that we can remotely move as some lecturers sit down & some stand up. Once the lecture starts there would be no movement.

The final thing was that 600 is the max budget for the camera so a PTZ cctv dome sounded ideal and this is what was recommended to us by an AV compnay!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    It could work out cheaper if you already have one of the two items. If you want to maximise quality go for a cam with 520 lines of resolution. Quality will be as good as the lens of the camera. Buy an expensive CCTV cam with a high quality lens and you'll be pleased with the result.
    http://www.sctltd.co.uk/ is where we will be buying from so if you had to choose a PTZ dome for what we need it for what would you go for?

Thanks

7. Default

im not sure you could do it for a buget of 600 but i thing you mite be better looking into getting a cheep dv cam and one of these ->

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/pan__tilt_power_head.htm
    that would be able to be mounted on a wall bracket
    Last edited by komatoast; 07-26-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ish
    Well the brief for the camera was it will be mounted up on a wall , must be discreet , and must have movement (PTZ) which can be controlled from another room.

It will be used to record educational lectures so we need to have a camera that we can remotely move as some lecturers sit down & some stand up. Once the lecture starts there would be no movement.

The final thing was that 600 is the max budget for the camera so a PTZ cctv dome sounded ideal and this is what was recommended to us by an AV compnay!
    It does indeed sound like the perfect solution. Opt for one with the highest lines of resolution and size of CCD. Remember too that you'll need a seperate auido feed. Is this with the budget?

Hi

Audio will be taken from our PA system which has very good audio quality