Thread: does anyone know how in PhotoShop to - fix a photo that's a little blury

Red face does anyone know how in PhotoShop to - fix a photo that's a little blury

Hi to all, i have pretty much worked out in PhotoShop how to fix most photo's up nicely but when i've got a photo thats a little blury or a smudge out of focus, i don't know how to fix it!

Ive tried Saturation, fixing the Levels, Sharpness, brightness and all the basic features but can't get it to clear when ever the problem arrives!

Can anyone suggest how it's done?, i'm not expecting it to come out perfect,
    just to fix the shots up slightly.

Or should i just disregard any photo's with this problem?

Also i have After Effects 7, and for the life of me can't work out how to bring in the Audio, i've tried all the setting.
    Does it bring in the Audio as a seperate bar as does in Premier Pro?

Thanks

2. Default

i am a fairly advanced photoshop user, as far as i am aware there is no real fix for this problem... because the picture is blury there are no sharp edges for PS to find and therfore will always look blury.
    If i am wrong i am sorry :( but i am pretty sure this cant be done to a decent standard.

Komatoast is right. Likely as not the picture is a dead loss.

There are a few techniques for sharpenign up a photo in PS.

The first and easiest (if it's going to work at all) sounds the dumbest. Forget 'sharpen' filters and choose the 'unsharp' filter. Sounds wrong but it's right.

Or, if the picture has many many well defined edges like a cityscape with lots of buildings then you can try duplicating the layer. Place the layer on the top of the original. Perform a 'find edges' type filter to turn it into a sort of line drawing then play with opacity to show the original thorugh it. It sometimes helps depending ont he content of the original.

However, no solution is a patch on focusing correctly in the first place.

thanks guys for the reply, much appreciated!
    My misses won't be happy being that question was for her!

Thanks

If anyone knows answer to my second question, please post reply

Hi I had the same problem with some 35mm slides I scanned - after some searching internet I found

Focus Magic

from www.focusmagic.com. It is somewhat different than UnSharp, which I have found useful in some cases, and it comes as a standalone program and a PhotoShop plug-in.

It does a credible job - u can download a trial version.

I usually apply it to frame grabs from digital video. These are low quality stills which Focus Magic yields and apparent enhancement but I reduce the strength that Focus Magic suggests from 100% to 50 or 75% and play around with the suggested pixel setting until the preview looks OK. FWIW I sometimes had need to apply one of the Noise Reduction filters.

In any case, it is best to start with the best quality image in the first place, but when that can not be, then these tools may "assist".

Thanks, i'll give it a go with the trial

thanks