Thread: Burning Problem

Default Burning Problem

Hello everyone! I'm trying to burn a demo reel for an upcoming computer graphics conference, but it seems that DVD Architect Studio is working against me. I can't figure out what's wrong. Here's the problem:

When I click "Make DVD," it'll go through all of the processes and then when I click "Finish" it will say "Retrieving Media Info, please wait..." The problem is that it never burns anything and the "Retrieving Media Info, please wait..." prompt never goes away. I've successfully made a prepared project, but no matter what I do (either burning the DVD from the prepared project or the current project, both of which are the same) the "Retrieving Media Info, please wait..." just will not go away and my DVD won't burn! Anybody know what's up with this? I know my DVD burner is working because I burned a data DVD earlier today. So why won't my project burn in the software? @_@

~Merc

I get this and all I can do is, Click 'Prepare DVD only' and then burn it using nero.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Are you using 6.0d? Are you clicking on "prepare" or "burn" If you chose burn you need to make a new empty file to render to. Also make sure you render in vegas to a dvd complient stream small enough to fit on your dvd5 or dvd9. If you try to render again in dvda do to the size being to large you will lose quility ( if that happens re-render the project again) Its best to use VBR rather the CBR. If you need more help let me know.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

If you have multiple burners, that message may appear if DVDA is 'looking' at the wrong drive seeking media (your blank disc) that isn't there.

Thank you all so much for your responses, all of your advice helped me dig through the problem and figure it out. Come to find out it was a combination of the software not being able to locate the correct drive for burning and my DVD burner being a stubborn pain in the butt. Thanks again for everything!

~Merc