Thread: csi miami rectangular style effects

Default csi miami rectangular style effects

Hi how would i manipulate those rectangular like effects that are in the csi miami intro. I have Adobe Premiere 2.0 and Sony Vegas 6. To view the intro click on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxTOZ...ch=csi%20miami

thanx

Do you mean Manipulating the original footage's rectangles or Replicating the effect they have used to create it?

If your talking about Replicating the effect, here's how i'd go about it-
    (preferably i'd use After Effects myself, but if you don't have it Prem Pro could do a version on it's own)

Take your footage lay it on the time line,
    put atleast 4 more clips of the exact footage directly above each other so as they all run simotaneously.

Then lock the very bottom layer because this will never be touched!

now move along time line to where ever you want the first rectangle to start.
    Turn the view off all of the clips except the clip above the original locked clip.

And use the Crop function to crop/slice the clip into the exact shape you are wanting

Now it's as simple as adjusting the Scale so as it's a little larger, once this is down, undo the eye icon of the clip below it so as you can now see the adjusted clip over the original footage,

Once this is done it's a matter of using the main tools Position, Scale, etc to move it to where you want it to be, shape it exactly how you think it looks good and getting the desired effect your after,
    Being sure to use the Opacity function so as it's a little c-through and maybe even using a filter to give it a bit of a hazzy/blurred look etc.

then key frame it exactly where you want it to move, and bobs your uncle.

Now the reason i mentioned multiple layers of your footage is so that you can put a few rectangle etc on the screen at the same time all moving around.

Hope this helped.

it's really a matter of mucking around and tweaking it all to get precisely what your after!
    Although to get much closer to what your watching on those titles, you need After Effects so as to change the enlarged, moving rectangles to a glassy, glossy, magnified look! but have fun anyway because with all the filters etc in Prem Pro you could get it pretty close!

In After Effects use a filter called- Track Magnify- it will do exactly what your after
    Last edited by john12; 07-26-2006 at 04:38 AM.

I know this isn't the audio forum but I have a related question, what is the name of the song The Who play in CSI Miami? I have an 8 and a half minute version of it (recorded it off a radio station) on the computer but I can't figure out what the name of it is. I was playing it the other night using Windows Media Player and while I was looking at the patterns and colours onscreen I thought the guys in The Who must have seen those same patterns and colours 40 years ago, but it wasn't through using Windows Media Player (nudge nudge wink wink).

thanx john thats been alot of help

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony
    I know this isn't the audio forum but I have a related question, what is the name of the song The Who play in CSI Miami? I have an 8 and a half minute version of it (recorded it off a radio station) on the computer but I can't figure out what the name of it is. I was playing it the other night using Windows Media Player and while I was looking at the patterns and colours onscreen I thought the guys in The Who must have seen those same patterns and colours 40 years ago, but it wasn't through using Windows Media Player (nudge nudge wink wink).
    "Won't get fooled again"

s**t that must mean i'm getting old.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thanks Miwhel for the title and don't worry about growing old, it happens to us all sooner or later. My nephew asked me a few days ago what will it be like turning 40, and I said to him you will turn into Monty Burns from The Simpsons. Sure isn't forty the new thirty, very few people look their age today, unless you've been a real party animal during your twenties. Just look at Mick Jagger, Keef Richards and Rod Stewart, it's hard to believe they are all 150! That's in no small part due to plastic surgery and a six foot blonde haired model on your arm.