Thread: Rendering Problem...?

Default Rendering Problem...?

I have just rendered a 2 minute mix that I made to MPG format, but the quality is terrible. The whole video is choppy. Does anyone know how to fix this (an alternative way of rendering)?

*I am a rookie to Vegas 6.0, and to render I just highlighted my video and audio tracks, then selected "Render As" MPG.

Blog Entries

There are many and various 'variations on a theme' where rendering is concerned. For instance, you'll have the option of AVI, MPEG, RM, WMV and a whole host of other formats. Further, within each format, there are multiple ways of rendering. You'll need to tinker around a little to find what's best for you.

The thing is, I don't know ANY ways of rendering besides highlighting the video and audio tracks.

As stated above,when you select "render as" thats just the beginning. Which template are you using?. Dont use the default.You must choose PAL or NTSC?, Widescreen or 4x3? Then click on 'custom' and select your render quality. Then click on the 'video' tab at the bottom and select your field order and video format. Remember you can always select a short piece of your timeline and select 'render loop region only' to do a short render test to see how its gonna look. Hope this helps.