Thread: Does anyone know where i can find- more advanced Free Vid Tutorials for After Effects

Talking Does anyone know where i can find- more advanced Free Vid Tutorials for After Effects

Does anyone know where to find more advanced Free vid tutorials on the net.
    i've got the grasps of the basic programs of Adobe but cant afford more advanced trainging vid's yet. So if you can help it would be much apprediated.

Dont suggest Creative Cow etc as their vid's are only teaching what the functions are in the program. I want proper tutorials to teach me stuff i don't know. I don't really care what, anything will do!

thanks

Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Quote Originally Posted by john12
    Does anyone know where to find more advanced Free vid tutorials on the net.
    More advanced than what?
    i've got the grasps of the basic programs of Adobe but cant afford more advanced training vid's yet. So if you can help it would be much apprediated.
    More advanced training vids than what?

Dont suggest Creative Cow etc as their vid's are only teaching what the functions are in the program.
    I strongly disagree! There may be a few like that but the majority of them are along the lines of "How I made this cool effect".
    I want proper tutorials to teach me stuff i don't know. I don't really care what, anything will do!
    Sounds like you want the World but for nothing. Well, as I have no idea what bits you know and what bits you don't know and what version of AE you have, I can't really point you towards the training you want can I?

There. That'll teach you to slag off the CC won't it?

Seriously though, it sounds like you're after step by step recipes for achieving specific effects. For me, the CC does this. Also, check out www.videocopilot.net for a few interesting bits. But I think the freebie ones are on the CC anyway.

Other than that, you're into spending money I think. Get yourself a copy of 'After Effects in Production' by the Meyer's. That'll help.

nothing against CC,
    it's just everything that i find on this website is more along the lines of teaching the basic controls of After Effects 7.0
    maybe because this After Effects is new theirs not much out yet but maybe thier is and i just can't find it! For Free!

it's not that i'm cheap by anymeans, it's just in the last six months i've bought a whole new computer faster enough to run Adobe properly, all the Adobe software- Prem Pro, After Effects, Encore & Photo-Shop, etc etc and if i go to my misses and tell her i'm purchasing one more thing for editing before maybe the year 2020, she'll have my head!

So inorder to still have a home to live in,

I need free websites for now!

Bits I know and don't know-- the basics i know, the more advanced stuff i don't!
    What i really meant was i would like to see some Video Tutorials that teach cool effects, asapposed to teaching how to import a file etc
    Last edited by john12; 07-22-2006 at 10:12 AM.