Thread: New User New Vids

Default New User New Vids

Hi folks

I am new to all this and mainly interested in editing - as opposed to filming etc

My videos are all done so far with windows movie maker - which utterly sucks! BUt i have posted them on here for you guys to have a look see

This is a Battlefield Vietnam video done - my first vid - I did this for the Jolt.co.uk gaming community at the time way back when I was an admin on the sitte - Simply for a laugh

Next is a trailer type video I made for DOOM3 - not too bad but the footage compressed from the game lost some quality to show off the real depth of the graphics - but again movie maker just cant handle large data shots

This is Man On The Moon - I decided to put a video together to the REM tune of the same name. I was originally going to compile footage and imagery all to do with the theories of conspiracy but decided to leave it and simply do a montage and let people themselves decide

This is Youre The Best - I did this for a clan member who wanted an amusing counter strike video - Most counter strike videos just show off kill after kill - on this I decided to tongue and cheek the whole thing and use the demo feature in the game to gather better angles than the simple first person player perspective

This is The End of the World - inspired from Fahrenheit 911 where most of the footage was used - This one got my best reaction on YouTube - an artist has took a copy of the video and it is now in an art installation of his on display now at artery online

This is Shiny Happy People - a little dig at Scientology after Tom Cruise banned the infamous SOuth Park episode from showing in the UK - Trapped in the closet

So I put a video together just a simple pic montage of scientology and the many people involved - not really a great result as it was done in a day - but has had the most views on YouTube so far from all my videos

This is Mad World from Gary Jules put to images I have taken from 3 great films Koyaanisqatsi Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi - I have simply stocked up various takes fromt he 3 films for use in editing and future videos - the imagery in these films are fantastic.

And finally - Sleep Alone by Moby a video I again used the same footage to blend to the music really just for the sake of it

Most of these videos are all really for my own fun in playing with editing

Thats my main interest

I am currently on the verge of buying Adobe Premier 2 I think it is ?

From what I have gathered this is a good package to upgrade to certainly from windows movie maker which is appalling.

I enjoy the editing and looking for music to put images to and have a few more videos I want to make soon - Hence the purchase of better software as the ideas I have need slightly better editing effects than WMM can provide

Anyways - Just want to say hallo to the forum and I know thats a big video post for anyone to go through but any thought or comments on anything you view are welcome

Id just like to add

After downloading Adobes Premier demo at about 1.2 gig ! and it crashing on install

Adobe can kiss my rosy cheeks ! lol

SO im now looking at The Vegas movie maker package or Power Director

Probably your computer sucks and can't handle Adobe. Its probably the best set of programs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma9800
    Id just like to add

After downloading Adobes Premier demo at about 1.2 gig ! and it crashing on install

Adobe can kiss my rosy cheeks ! lol

SO im now looking at The Vegas movie maker package or Power Director
    You'll want the full vegas 6 not the movie maker. Download both demos and you'll see what I mean.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Im still a little tempted by the look of Adobe Premiere Elements 2 - but not happy after the dload failing so im always a bit hmmm

System spec wise - Pentium4 at3.2 and 2 gigs of ram and a 512MB ATI card should be able to cope easily enough - after all its managed to handle Windows Movie Maker on a 7 minute run with about 50 pieces of video and another 50 photos lol - and boy did windows movie maker not like that

Ive got the trial of Sony Vegas - the 50 buck package and that looks fine

Looks very nice

I do not require going up to packages in the 100s and more with the full vegas 6 as I am not doing this for anything more than a bit of fun at the moment - so I dont want semi pro material

I like the look of adobe and it comes with the photoshop deal on too just now which may be handy

I think ill make a test or two with the Sony demo I have running and then maybe toss a coin

Onomoto - I saw your star wars fx clip I thought it was quality - its a great effect and considering today you can make it at home now when back then it was like state of the art special fx - its fab