Thread: does anyone know how to get Premier Pro to output direct on to my TV while editing

Default does anyone know how to get Premier Pro to output direct on to my TV while editing

In After Effects, i go to General/Output/ and change the Monitor Only icon to IEE- bla bla, and i can edit on my tele when ran through my fire-wire connection through my camera through to my TV, but when i go into Premier Pro the settings are different and after hours of searching, their is know way the option is there! But in a mag i have, it tells you to edit in Premier Pro through your Fire wire/camera/ tele the same as in After Effects.
    So basically I know it can be done, but HOW!!!!!

Please if anyone know, help!

Certain video cards allow you to connect to your tv. Check out the nvidia series. Or if your video card as the s-video connecter to your tv then you can do it. Just plug it in to your computer then to the tv. Open up your video card options and tell it the 2nd monitor will be the tv. But just a word of advice its alot better to edit on a computer screen because computer to tv looks crappy.

Blog Entries

Project > Project Settings > General > "click playback settings > Tick play video on DV Hardware.

onomoto, thanks for reply but i figure if the video card i already have is allowing me to do this through After Effects then it can obviously be done (some how) in Premier Pro. And the reason i want to edit through a tv screen is mainly because 1. the end result of anything i do is for DVD hence tv, and 2. for title reasons, what looks correct size on a computer monitor is always nearly too big or to small for tele,

So to your reply Marc, i'll go give your suggestion ago, if works i won't need post again.

thanks to both of you
    Last edited by john12; 07-20-2006 at 11:00 AM.

NOPE! doesn't work.
    First the DV hardware is showing in the section you told me to look,
    which is already ticked but it's not working through my camera onto tv.
    As mentioned, strange considering that when i open AFTER EFFECTS it works perfect. I guess i'll never know!!

Thanks for all replies