Thread: Adobe Premiere 1.5 PRO - Title effects

Default Adobe Premiere 1.5 PRO - Title effects

First post, please be nice.

I've been playing around quite alot with the effects in Premiere and the possibilities with this program have only begun to be made clear for me.

I'm trying to create an intro for a ski-movie with text presenting where we were, names of the persons in it etc. What I would like to add here, is an effect like the ones many movies out there got, non-still effects that moves from side to side for example. May it be a shining light in the background that on the title that says: St. Anton, begins on the S and moves all the way to the N. It can be fire, bright red light or any similiar (non-still) effect.

I've so far only found some sort of distortion and effects that just changes the text itself or just a simple glow (that doesn't move or change), blur etc. That's not what I am after.

I suspect there are tons of 3rd party plugins/effect that could do the job for you, but I am currently interested in how, and if, this can be done in Premiere 1.5 PRO.

If it isn't possible, I wouldn't of course mind you posting a link to a trial of some 3rd party effect

I'm not sure if you want an effect to make your logo glow and have it play across the words or whether you want some sort of logo inthe dark which is revealed by a sort fo spotlight playing across it.

Either can be done. But the first sound suspicously like Trapcode Shine to me. Pop across to www.trapcode.com and play with the demo. It's good stuff.

yeah that's pretty much it. got it working and it looks great.

Another question though... I want a transition between two clips to fade over in white. I don't want a dissolve which fades the entire screen equally (which also fades in black), but some kind of effect that focuses on the white parts, brightens them till it's white enough to fade over and back to normal but on the next clip.

There is something similiar among the keying effects, but that focuses on a chosen color, and fades that into black (I want white! ). This effect is normally used when having paralell clips though - don't remember its name, but I want to use something similiar that fades into white, and I want to use it as a transition. Does premiere got something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Verarxar
    yeah that's pretty much it. got it working and it looks great.

Another question though... I want a transition between two clips to fade over in white. I don't want a dissolve which fades the entire screen equally (which also fades in black), but some kind of effect that focuses on the white parts, brightens them till it's white enough to fade over and back to normal but on the next clip.

There is something similiar among the keying effects, but that focuses on a chosen color, and fades that into black (I want white! ). This effect is normally used when having paralell clips though - don't remember its name, but I want to use something similiar that fades into white, and I want to use it as a transition. Does premiere got something like that?
    You could just keyfrane brightness, contrast and gamma to get that effect!

Sublime! thanks alot, I'll try it out tonight.

I'm looking for how to do this effect too, as I just can't get it as professional looking with the brightness/contrast/gamma. So any more advice would be welcome

I added some (gradually increasing) Blur into it aswell, looked pretty good actually, evens the transition part out pretty well so you don't see when it is actually jumping between the clips.