Thread: drop down menus in encore 2

Default drop down menus in encore 2

just wondring can this be done in encore?? and if so , how??

nice1

dave

I'm at a loss to what you are after here.

The DVD standard has no cencept of drop-down menus so Enciore will not allow you to build any for a DVD.

However...

you could create a button on a DVD menu that look like an unopened menu. When the user clicks on it your could run a short animation clip of the drop down menu appearing which takes you to another menu where new buttons are available and drawn such they look like a drop-down menu has been opened.

That would work. It's basically just a transition clip between carefullyh drawn menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    you could create a button on a DVD menu that look like an unopened menu. When the user clicks on it your could run a short animation clip of the drop down menu appearing which takes you to another menu where new buttons are available and drawn such they look like a drop-down menu has been opened.

That would work. It's basically just a transition clip between carefullyh drawn menus.

^^^
    thats what I was thinking.. .. auto activte a button which goes into a transition - was thinking it would take quite along time though and I doubt it would ever look very good. .. I just thought you may be able to do things in flash in encore or something..(not that I know anything about flash!)

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_bystander
    ^^^
    thats what I was thinking.. .. auto activte a button which goes into a transition - was thinking it would take quite along time though and I doubt it would ever look very good. .. I just thought you may be able to do things in flash in encore or something..(not that I know anything about flash!)
    Depend what tools you have to hand. To animate one menu like this into another one is easy enough if you have photoshop. The trick is to remember that Encore menus are really just Photoshop files.

All you need do is create a menu in Photoshop with your layers in place. Save this as menu one. Move the layers around in Photoshop and save as menu two.

Import either into Premiere as a composition (or whatever the magic word is so that layers are preserved ). Key frame your animation from one to the other by simply moving thelayers again. Export that animation out.

Import both menus into Encore aolong with the animation.

Place the animation on it's own timeline. Set the end action of the timeline to go to the default button of the second menu.

make the relevant buttion onthe first menu play the timeline.

Noiw what you have is the button on the first menu will play the animation and then go to the second menu. The transition will be as seamless as you can get.

This procedure is a tiny bit simplified in Encore v2 as you have a transition property. But it amounts tothe same thing.