Thread: video output to tv

Default video output to tv

Hi, i am using adobe premiere pro 2.0 from last week and my graphic card Goforce fx 5700, can i output from my graphic card to tv ?

thank you

jea (student)

I also use Ppro v2 and have the same graphics card. I have no trouble sending my video overlay to a TV.

What I get is that the Windows desktop get s sent to the TV (as well as my monitor) however as soon as a TV overlay pops up, i.e. previewing in PPro2 or WMP then that takes over the TV. My only trouble is that I do not have a widescreen TV connected so my pictures are sometimes distorted, that's all. but that's the not the fault of the setup.

Are you having problems getting your setup working? Give me the details. I'm sure we can sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    I also use Ppro v2 and have the same graphics card. I have no trouble sending my video overlay to a TV.

What I get is that the Windows desktop get s sent to the TV (as well as my monitor) however as soon as a TV overlay pops up, i.e. previewing in PPro2 or WMP then that takes over the TV. My only trouble is that I do not have a widescreen TV connected so my pictures are sometimes distorted, that's all. but that's the not the fault of the setup.

Are you having problems getting your setup working? Give me the details. I'm sure we can sort it.

Thank you for replay, I have one monitor and i need to connect to normal 15" tv but i dont know how to setup for output, also i cant find any option for tv on nvidia. any idea ?

If your camera has any rca jacks on it you could firewire out to it then to TV. If not then you could get AD/DA converter like the Canopus ADVC-110.

Quote Originally Posted by carylee
    If your camera has any rca jacks on it you could firewire out to it then to TV. If not then you could get AD/DA converter like the Canopus ADVC-110.

can i used my graphic card to tv output? with out camera or fireware card ?

thanx

You need to connect your monitor to thegraphics card but NOT through the VGA port. Use the digital output to connect it, even if you have to use one of those littel convertor gizmos. Connect your TV to the card also, using a little S-Video convertor to scart.

Make sure you install the latest drivers. This is doubly important if you want to run thelatest version of Adobe Aftre Effects (as I found out).

Once installed, go into the display settings and set the nView Display Mode to Clone. Click ok and you should be done.