Thread: Adobe After Effects 6.5 and 7.0

Question Adobe After Effects 6.5 and 7.0

Is Adobe After Effects 7.0 much of an improvement over 6.5? Do the effects still look good on 6.5? Show some videos that you made with After Effects 6.5 because I want to see if it looks good. 6.5 is much cheaper but if I need to get 7.0 I will. Thanks.

Quality wise, the two products are the same. If you create a good sequence then you get a good sequence. If your create a poor sequence then....

When it comes to export there will be no discernable difference in quality. It's altogether possible that the exporter was tweaked as part of the new product but you'll not notice any difference. Output from 6.5 has found it's way into many hollywood movies. I would look at it this way. If it's good enough for them....

As to whether it's worth the extra cash. Well, only you can determine that. you should spend some time reading up on the changes between versions and then ask yourself two questions. Do I want these changes and are they worth the extra money to me?

But are there any specific effects that you can only acheive with 7.0? If there is I don't want to miss out on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy211
    But are there any specific effects that you can only acheive with 7.0? If there is I don't want to miss out on any of them.
    There are more new things in v7 than I could possibly be bothered to mention. As I said, go and do some reading at the adobe web site and see what's new. Then decide if these new features are usefuly enough to you to pay out for them.