Thread: Premiere to Final Cut Pro?

Default Premiere to Final Cut Pro?

Shall I make the swith to FCP [and Mac] or not?

Currently on Premiere Pro v7.0, but I need to know if it's worth me looking at FCP...

How come everyone uses FCP, is it really that much better, or can I really get the same quality finish from Premiere?

Maidstone, Kent and Norwich, Norfolk

Default Age old Argument!!!

Hi there,

You`ve asked a question that is an age old arguement amongst Editors and the answer is a simple one. If you have Premiere already, find a mate who has Final Cut and try it out. If you like what you see and can afford it then make the switch. Final Cut will do everything you want and more.

On the other hand if you are a Premiere user and already have a PC then it might be wise to invest in the new Production Studio and just upgrade your PC. I have seen people who swear blind by Final Cut and nothing else who have been shown the Production Studio and hvae had to take a step back as to just how powerful it is.

The choice is yours and ultimately you are the only one who can make it. Go with what you think is best and will suit your needs cos at the end of the day its your money that you are spending.

(On a personal level I have used Premiere since version 5 and it has done everything I`ve needed)

All I want to do with the rest of my life is Edit.

^^ I use both PP2 and FCP and I would have to say I prefer using PP2 - for the simple reason that the PC interface/hotkeys etc are more natural to me as ive used PCs all my life.. however ive used FCP for over a year now and ive never had the computer hang/crash - something which seems to be abit more common with PCs.. also rendering is quicker on the mac which is a big plus..

I would always say that its worth trying both PP2 and FC - the best thing to do is have a quick go on it and see if ya like it.. but make sure you give it a chance - its easy to dismiss it just because the interface seems different - its definitly worth ago!!