Thread: Black Frame in timeline and export Premiere 1.5

Default Black Frame in timeline and export Premiere 1.5

Hello All,
    A black frame appeared in the middle of a clip in the timeline of our one hour video project after our last edit. I didn't notice it and exported the video to dvd. It appears in the export file and therefore in the dvd as well.
    Has anyone encountered this before and can the black frame simply be deleted?
    Can the problem be solved by rendering again? We are working in Premiere Pro 1.5.
    I haven't seen a similar problem mentioned here. Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks,Pbk

First check if the black frame is there in the timeline, you will have to look at maximum magnification because tiny gaps are tough to spot in premiere. When you find it either stretch the clip to fill the gap or right click the gap and choose ripple delete then re-export.

If not, then it is just another of premiere's little characteristics, re-import the exported file and trim out the black frame and re-export making sure you untick "recompress" in the export settings.

Cheers
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply. There is a black frame in the project timeline. It does not appear if I open the sequence (scene 9 in the project) as a separate timeline.
    What I couldn't figure out was is this black frame an extra frame inserted by some software quirk or is it a frame that belongs in the project that didn't
    render.
    In speaking about this I just realized I could count the total frames in the sequence in question and compare it to the length of other versions we have of the same project. The clip that shows the black frame is about thirty seconds long.

Thanks again.
    pbk

Did you cut the clip with the black frame in it from another area of the video or did you import it separately into the project? I would just put a cut on either side of it, highlight it and hit the delete key and as miwheel said use Ripple Delete to pull everything together again, it might be a good idea in future to go through the movie on the timeline at full magnification just to check that all the gaps are closed up between clips.