Thread: confused

Exclamation confused

whats up everybody,, my question is i have been into filming for a while, now i want to get into editing, although ive been told that my current computer is un-fit to do this....

im am lookin into buying a new desktop soon, can any one help me out as to what i need to have and need to look for, so that my next computer will have all of the appropiriate things i need...

thanks for the help, i dont know computers all that well so i appreciatie it

What spec is your current computer so we can tell you if it is 'unfit' to do video editing on or not? List the amount of memory, name of processor and its speed, how old the computer is, how much hard disk space you have, do you have a DVD burner, Firewire port (forget about USB) and what operating system you have.

You'd be suprised what spec you can get away with but if it is time to move on then here is a few pointers.

Avoid Sempron and Celeron Chips, go for 1gb memory, second internal hard disk,(NOT USB) firewire connection, 450w or better PSU and a decent case with good ventilation. Any brand new system based on a full P4 chip or AMD+ 64 chip will do the job.

Cheers.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Blog Entries

Good advice above. If the second drive is f wire then it should be okay external, I have one and it b marks the same as my (and faster than 2 of them) internal drives.

thanks for the info everyone, my buddy is gonna come over and help me figure out the specs on my comp, im not sure what they are my parents bought it, im a lil computer illiterate right now but im learning, so thanks again , ill post back up when i know

Quote Originally Posted by danherz
    thanks for the info everyone, my buddy is gonna come over and help me figure out the specs on my comp, im not sure what they are my parents bought it, im a lil computer illiterate right now but im learning, so thanks again , ill post back up when i know
    Double click on the 'My Computer' icon on the desktop and select 'View System Information'. It will tell us everythign we need to know.