Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error when starting Vegas movie studio low memory

ClintbC13 Guest

Default Error when starting Vegas movie studio low memory

When I try to run vegas 6.0 I get this error An error occurred starting Vegas Movie Studio. The system is low on memory.You may be able to reduce usage by closing other applications. I have emailed Sony and have done the regedit and msconfig stuff. I have a P4 2.8ghz with 2gigs of memory with 60gigs of free harddrive space. Thanks

I am working on a laptop with 768 MB of memory and have never had this message. I usually have Firefox running and often Photoshop, too.

You might have a windows problem with memory not being released after an application closes. Apple solved this problem about 20 years ago, but Micro$oft still seems to struggle with the simple stuff.

I have FreeRam XP Pro 1.51 and that seems to keep things working better. Although it does hog the entire system for a few seconds when it has do it's RAM-freeing thing.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Blog Entries

Heh, yeah macs are so good that they had to finally use pc processors and let people run xp, hoho!

You can say anything you like about Macs, but it won't change the fact that Apple was first with everything that Windows tries to do now. Changing the processor was a move to unhook from IBM and latch into lower processor prices. Besides that, the PowerPC chip, while the best available when it was introduced, had pretty much run its course. Neither IBM nor Motorola were interested in further development of it.

It will be interesting to see how many people actually use Windows as a primary OS on the new Macs. Especially vs how many Windows users will migrate from a dual-boot system to the Mac OS. I think Linux was hoping that would happen, but what it really did was demonstrate that Linux is "not ready for prime time". Whereas the Apple OS has always been far ahead of Windows. Really a smart move for Microsoft. Let Apple try out the new stuff, and if it flies, copy it.

If I were not in Brazil where Apple products and support are almost non-existent, I'd be doing everything on a Macintosh. But Brazil is at least three years behind on computer things. But the women are great
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Blog Entries

'but the women are great' - grins....

Apple wont be making pc's much longer really will they. Apple make lifestyle stuff mainly now, ipods and the like. I was amused to read that one of the apple top fruits just took a job as ceo (I think) with Ikea.... nuff said.

You know, I had someone else say that to me ten years ago. In fact, we made a bet on it. He never paid off, of course.

Wanna bet? Make it easy on yourself.

Executives change jobs all the time, it doesn't mean a thing, much as the Apple-haters would like it too.

Next trip to the USA, I am going to buy a top-of the line Mac and bring it back with me. Then I'll have some real computer power without all the security issues of Windows and the "we couldn't care less" attitude of Microsoft. My goal is to have a Micro$oft-free zone here. I even have a logo for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Like the logo. BUT, 10 years ago mac had a bigger market share, it's shrinking, and they DO cost more per flop, and they only have less security hassles cos they are very unpopular, but it certainly is true to say few viruses, or trojans or games, or apps, or..... run on a mac.

"we couldn't care less" attitude?. didn't you say that about Sony too?. I think I've got you sussed now Slrman....yer a Secret Large Retailer lover (SLRman?.) but you haven't come out yet huh?. I'll have a bet with you...I'll bet when you get your new mac you'll still use MS products, you'll still install Sony Vegas and you'll still come on this site coz you love us all sooooo much you aint gonna be able to live without us. Take the bet?. I will cough up if I'm wrong.

As I said, make it easy on yourself. How about $4,000 USD? (what I think it will cost me to fly to the USA, visit my family, and buy the Mac. I'm nothing if not avaricious!) When I have the Mac, there will not be one piece of MS software on it. I have already tried to dump Micro$oft with Xandros (a Linux system) but it just didn't pack the gear.

Yes, I did say that about Sony, but only because it's true. They finally answered one email of the many I sent and then have yet to follow up on that one. In fact, they didn't really read the one they replied to, because they suggested I try the same things I told them I had already done.

Well, I admit that's better than Microsoft who never respond to anything at all.

You think I love you? Mmm, better not try to kiss me then if you don't want to be disillusioned. ROFLMAO

ClintbC13 Guest

Thanks for all the Mac info but any ideas on the low memory error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast