Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Test of Underwater Equipment

Default Short Test of Underwater Equipment

I just got a dive housing for my pc101 and needed to test out its integrity and functionality.

My buddy got his daughter a "discover scuba" package for her birthday in a local pool.

I got to test the equipment and she got a short documentary of the party!

He is a multiple award winning industrial film producer and he thought it wasn't half bad, so I thought I'd get some worldwide feedback!

http://s93795793.onlinehome.us/video/scubaparty.wmv

The opening pan of all the girls, I've never seen such an excited bunch before, they could form the girl band "the spiced out girls".

Nice shots, I like the underwater stuff, you could have a lot of fun with it. Especially the shots that are half in/out of the water.

Cheers,

Damien

Smile

Very nice, like an underwater ballet. I did a PADI scuba course and the women seemed better at it than the men. Great fun training in the pool, but slightly different in the open sea. I could never do the 18-metre dive, too deep for me. We were taught never to wear our masks up on the forehead Ďcause itís a diverís distress signal. Things must have changed. Love that opening ident, very slick.

Blog Entries

Liked the ident at the start, cool underwater stuff, cant wait to see more. I guess by the ident at the end that the torpedo was loaded

i like the starting music where did you get it? LETs scuba! Cheers

Thanks for the kudos. It really was not well planned, just a lot of footage I cut up and spliced together then added a soundtrack. Sometimes I do better when I don't overthink things......

The opening song is called "Kiss my Brass" by a group that goes by X-Ray Dog and is off their album "dog eat dog". They have some amazing stuff and their website is truly inspired. Their website is http://www.x-raydogmusic.com/.

The ident was done in BT titler.

Good to see underwater footage and like your logo at the beginning. My crits are the shots which are all roughly long distance shots. You could have done with some medium to close up shots on the scuba diving, to make it more interesting and dynamic intercut in the editing. How about shooting your POV of jumping into the water and then cutting that shot in the edit with a shot of one of the girls or lads jumping in. It needs more intersting shot variety.

Good point. I have some better footage with better close shots and agree that really would improve the piece.

The jump in POV shot is also a good idea - a bit harder to do elegantly as the housing is manageable but not small.... I got this thing to do scuba documentary stuff, so the ideas are truly welcome. This session was done almost exclusively to test the integrity of the housing - the movie was actually secondary

I may go back and review some of the footage and do up a second version that is technically (and visually) more interesting. Thanks again for the ideas!

Default hi

i agree with alex hunter and also brighten the shots up a bit its really gloomy not only unederwater but above too.. great movie though.. none of us should be critisizing you cause its just a test but we are just doin it to help you out man.
    3d animation.....
    video editing.....
    special effects..
    ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!

All comments are appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast