Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: premiere pro & stopwatch

Question premiere pro & stopwatch

hi all,

i'm very new to preimere pro (started 'playing' in work) and was wondering if there was an easy way to add a stopwatch / elapsed time type overlay in one corner? (think lap timer for racing cars) i've tried to look through the myriad of options in the software, but nothing is jumping out at me. at the moment i'm creating hundreds of title files - 1 for each elapsed second, which seems a bit of a lame way of doing things!
    any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

thanks

If you are using Premiere Pro v2 then you can genarate yourself a timer clip to overlay by using the new timecode function.

If you have an earlier version then you need to find a 'timcode' type display and overlay it.

The last time this question came up I was in a position where I could (and did) generate a timecode clip. It was available for free download but can't remember the link now. It was only about a minute long though. Does anyone remember where it was placed?

thanks alan. the version i'm using is 1.5 (forgot to say in the OP). i'll have a search on't web and try and play with it at some point next week.

thanks again.

Default Stopwatch

I have developed my own one which runs for two minutes, or as long as you want. I use it for motor racing editing that a do for a mate to show his lap times.

thanks all. ended up generating a simple animated gif. easy enough to create a 1200 frame 2 min timer and tiny file size to boot!
    available here http://www.devilgas.com/misc/2min_timer.gif for any who're interested. it's no work of art, but does the job.

I now have a three minute timer available if anyone wants a copy. A demo can be seen on my web site.

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MStrutt View Post
    I now have a three minute timer available if anyone wants a copy. A demo can be seen on my web site.

Mark
    Hi all,

I am very new to this video editing but getting the hang of it. My 1st project is for a friend who races sprint cars. I was after a stopwatch arrangement like you have on your site MStrutt. That would be ideal for what I need. Could I possibly get that file from you.... Is it easy to extend like to 5 min or is it a lot of messing around. Any help you could give me would be great.

Thanks,

C.J.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    Hi all,

I am very new to this video editing but getting the hang of it. My 1st project is for a friend who races sprint cars. I was after a stopwatch arrangement like you have on your site MStrutt. That would be ideal for what I need. Could I possibly get that file from you.... Is it easy to extend like to 5 min or is it a lot of messing around. Any help you could give me would be great.

Thanks,

C.J.
    Sorry I have been away for a while. Im sure we can sort something. If you send me an email at either the one on my site or mt.strutt@btinternet.com we will sort it.

Mark

Thanks for the reply. I'll send of an email tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast