Thread: qaulity

Default qaulity

Ok finaly got myself sorted with a firewire card (thanks to everyone who helped me with that! )

My video quality is now 99.99% as good as the original, however there is the odd frame that seems to drop in resolution, is there any software (hopefully free!!! ) that will stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance Mike

Jolly good. I am pleased that the firewire thing worked for you.

If I remember rightly you are using a TRV33e and capturing via Video Studio? If so then the capture quality should be lossless.

Sure it isn't dropped frames? Does the hard disk need defragged? Do you get any 'dropped frames' errors when capturing?

Thanks

I dont think its dropping frames, there are no error messages every now and then (very rarely) it just seems to lose resolution for a split second, maybe im just being picky!!!

I defrag the HDD before every capture

Thanks

Mike

P.S do the error messages for dropped frames come up while you are capturing the video or do i have to look somewhere else for the error messages?

The error for drpped frames appears at the end of each capture.

Is the resolution lost from the same frame on the original tape? Possibility (rare) being a bit of tape loss or degredation.

Is the resolution loss always at the start or end of the capture or is it fairly random?

Thanks

Blog Entries

It *may* be the cacky Microsoft DV codec on playback. You *may* notice that these minor glitches disappear once transcoded to MPEG2 for DVD.

If there's dropped frames, you're video would appear "jumpy" and you should get a little report at the end of capture - if this is the case, I'd also expect you to drop frames all over the place. It's normally all or nothing to be honest!

NB note the use of may and should above LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    It *may* be the cacky Microsoft DV codec on playback. You *may* notice that these minor glitches disappear once transcoded to MPEG2 for DVD.

If there's dropped frames, you're video would appear "jumpy" and you should get a little report at the end of capture - if this is the case, I'd also expect you to drop frames all over the place. It's normally all or nothing to be honest!

NB note the use of may and should above LOL
    Just burnt it to DVD and played it back and all is perfect! so we can blaim Microsoft?! which just so happens to be a fav past time of mine

Thanks again guys

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeybude25
    so we can blaim Microsoft?! which just so happens to be a fav past time of mine
    On the subject of blaming Microsoft. I had a Windows 95 PC for about 5 years and now have an XP Pro machine for the last couple. I've never experienced these 'Windows crashes regularly' symptoms, like everyone else in the World. What am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries

Hmm, make sure you always use the lastest beta drivers (even better, use alpha). In addition, open up as many applications as possible. It's prefereble to combine this with a small amount of RAM on XP systems, or the most amount of RAM you can get your hands on for win 9x.

Make sure you forget to regularly save your work and under no circumstances shut down your computer or reboot unless you're leaving the country.

Ensure you install and uninstall as many applications you can find. PC magazines often offer shareware and trial periods on cover discs. Make sure you get a DVD cover disc to maximise you application to magazine ratio. Never install patches for the applications and never ininstall them. If you do, make sure they've left a lot of registry entries.

Never under any circumstance download patches to Windows unless they are specifically designated as beta. Although sometimes it does help to download patches to increase instability.

Always click yes to any kind of pop up whilst surfing the net.

Make sure you position your PC in the hottest room, preferably next to a radiator. If possible, cover any ventilation slots on your PC with a nice throw. Use you PC as a coffee holder.

Get a friend that says he knows a lot about computers to take a look at your PC. Better still, take it to PC world for them to have a look at.

And finally, always buy your PC from a computer fair.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Nice one Marc!

I'll let you know how i get on

`Ere... nothing wrong with PC World... that a takeover bid wouldn`t fix (by someone like Halfords perhaps?)!
    PC World sold me some of my best software! AND they were decent enough to charge me the proper full MRP! AND they`re still selling the same version s/w now, 3 years later - not many vendors are that good.
    Equipment freak who must learn that technique and opportunity are the key elements to success - not credit card balance!