Thread: Unlead videostudio 9 - help quality problems!

Question Unlead videostudio 9 - help quality problems!

Hi I'm new to the forum and new to video editing.

For months now i've been trying to create a DVD with footage taken on my panasonic GS-17 digital camcorder, the footage is on mini DV tapes and i have captured it to my pc using the videostudio 9 software.

Everything goes fine until i burn the footage to disc, when i play the disc back using a normal DVD player (tried 2) the quality of the footage is really bad. When i play the footage direct from the camera to the TV its crystal clear, but when i burn it to disc its lost a lot of the sharpness and just looks like its been captured on a cheap mobile phone.

i've read the userguide on the software but i dont know what is wrong, the only thing i can think is that its just because its going from tape to disc and you lose some of the quality?

If anyone can help me i would be really grateful, as i'm trying to make a disc for my family of footage of my new son.

Thanks Adnil

Trevor Wharton Guest

Smile

The quality of the encoded DVD should be nearly as good as the original footage certainly not noticably different. Possibly settings in VS9 capture, editing or burning are wrong. Please supply as many details as possible and also your TV Standard Pal or ntsc

I use the same companies Media Studio Pro 7 & DVD Movie Factory 4 with superb results