Thread: New video

Cool New video

Here's a new video i done for a local band. This was done for nothing for them, i was looking for experience and they were looking for something cheap.

Think they got a good deal what do you think?

DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Blog Entries

Yes they got a good deal.

I thought the titles at the end were good, but at the start, rubbish. Some of the effects were a bit random and I tht it could have done with a few more fat cuts to suit the style of the music. Also cos it was done for free you should put a plug for yourself at the end, I would.

3. Default

overall a nice little vid and they have got a bloody good deal too!

i agree that the effects are a bit random and im not keen on the fire effect.. kinda makes it look amature.
    and once again i agree with mark that you should plug yourself as much as you can as they got that for free.

top stuff - like the band too.

Cool

Thanks for your comments.

Just to let you know the full story on this vid. I was surfen around and seen this video on the internet, I was not able to watch it at work due to security bah bah. So i seen the still preview thingy and thought thats my vid there cool i'll put a link to it and see what people think.

I have seen the video at home now and the effects(ie fire, colour change etc) were not done by me, they were done by the singer who thinks he's a video editor.

To say the least i am p##### off with him butchering my work is an understatement. As life is a learning prosess i will not be handing out my work so freely again.

have you experienced any of the same problems. I would like to know so i can maybe save guard my work in the future. The only way i know at the moment is to pay for a copyright which is useless to me when i do videos for free.
    DUDE were's my car

Blog Entries

Hmm, what people do with work you do for them is a difficult one and not one I am that savvy about answering with any certainty.

I spuppose on one level the work you do for someone (paid or otherwise) may be considered 'thiers' to do with as they see fit, but there again if you have put your name to it and they mangle it then that dont seem right either.

The same has happened to me, good work ruined by people who think they can do better just cos they have moviemaker. Lots of people dont seem to respect the skills we may have. A couple of years ago I was asked to do a shoot for a no money no fee pilot for some 'friends', I had done a few other bits and they loved my work, anyway I couldnt make this shoot so thay said 'oh can you land us your camera and we will do it', I pointed out it would be crap, they got all huffy, so I lent my gear, and suprise suprise the footage was crap, at least they apologised.

I suppose it comes down to honour for free work. Say at the time that you insist they dont fuck woth your work, and if they do, no more freebies !

It would be interesting to hear what the real position would be for paid work too.

Blog Entries

It doesn't matter whether you've done the work for free or not, the copyright of any photo, video, drawing, whatever, remains with the "creator" unless it is specifically signed away, or it was done under the "direction" of someone else.
    So, if it's your camcorder footage and you weren't paid or instructed to take the director's specific shots or given a contract for the job surrendering your rights, the copyright's yours and you can insist that they remove it, or only show it uncorrupted.

dude someone else did those efects?.... you woulda taken all the credit if we hadnt have said we hated those effects
    3d animation.....
    video editing.....
    special effects..
    ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cgstorm
    dude someone else did those efects?.... you woulda taken all the credit if we hadnt have said we hated those effects
    Nope i would of not taken the credit. Thanks for constructive comments on the video though
    DUDE were's my car